Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Not "new" to me but it feels new, because my vintage Lawrence cross-zip just returned from Johnson Leathers.

JL created a replacement horsehide belt with leather that is a real close match to the horsehide in the jacket body. Added a new vintage-style belt buckle that I bought off eBay (the crappy original cardboard-like belt was missing its buckle). The shape of the new buckle nicely complements the decorative studs on the epaulettes.

View attachment 161728

JL created a snap-on mouton collar in gray, which turned out fabulous. The mouton doesn't have a thick pile, but I don't think it's necessary on this jacket. As Alan says, it's refined without the "collar brace" look. I think the color looks great.

View attachment 161729

The stitching repairs to the coin pocket are flawless. Couldn't be happier with how this jacket turned out. It feels complete now and the additions are so well-executed, they feel original to the jacket, which is exactly what I was seeking.

View attachment 161732
View attachment 161733

View attachment 161731
View attachment 161734
Man that is perfect. Well done!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Not "new" to me but it feels new, because my vintage Lawrence cross-zip just returned from Johnson Leathers.

JL created a replacement horsehide belt with leather that is a real close match to the horsehide in the jacket body. Added a new vintage-style belt buckle that I bought off eBay (the crappy original cardboard-like belt was missing its buckle). The shape of the new buckle nicely complements the decorative studs on the epaulettes.

View attachment 161728

JL created a snap-on mouton collar in gray, which turned out fabulous. The mouton doesn't have a thick pile, but I don't think it's necessary on this jacket. As Alan says, it's refined without the "collar brace" look. I think the color looks great.

View attachment 161729

The stitching repairs to the coin pocket are flawless. Couldn't be happier with how this jacket turned out. It feels complete now and the additions are so well-executed, they feel original to the jacket, which is exactly what I was seeking.

View attachment 161732
View attachment 161733

View attachment 161731
View attachment 161734

Very Nice! I like that collar.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
A Hercules unlike any style I have seen. Patina King. More to follow. sorta Indiana Jones style from the 50s

8nGoKtwwjPUxmQfkRasixI_FoE8j81trEzibZotfANlO-HlirE7B-D0y-gh5acsiqZKVp5IK5X5WYGawP19fvBNb9_eZ4AE1urwJYr-6jcZ7pHz9TpfwY9clLCKLa26_SKVqUp7_UFALboBO5n9a2H7h3HwPRrmuN4NsCM28iz_1wMhBkN-h3uAaEXsBAzLclmscJOLTzapti9LhMvUXK8kkQ_VNgLHPJMFjzNqVaoUOHGH4yaQpXYYC7hckWlb7-4lB7GrBk8GUX5l8jMy-I-gdiYp40I4jsOh5RnkQkXI0pbnAccTRQrpQzK02UVjdfAuJFrxXg7YTQgMGEHEuUHqiJd3FY_TOHhZEzdiFgTymVQj9cNAvrn3ZqugD_cWbkFo-foNHytGMLhmw85dvf6wbTxN_q07TFjI0HVeFEWukCuwRiIIqBl4_SBFwpdlOAtm28FTJVWNUC-MSpB4EhVFSskoojmReZdco9KCbr8xA449GqZ8g4Lb5DdMacr5RuCrmZ57AsEzfDe_rKADc6DQcTLMcxCBDAK5BXNg4g66OKOA4YgAjZ14xB0Imug3-0VsgyCP9sEfOFr8hA2eVqmDaKvyU1IfKXjdIiGC31ideO1wsfRXLkSHTogTI5L-zAolcVR0SqpgixlFq2m5nTCoHWbBgk51_=w960-h638-no

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here

View attachment 161728

View attachment 161729

View attachment 161732
View attachment 161733

View attachment 161731
View attachment 161734

One of a kind!! Splendid!!!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It is! But I'm told this was down to a bit of a clerical error as a result of me going to the factory rather than anything else. But, hey, I am not going to complain! We're just getting the nicer weather, so it's just in time to start working on the jacket's 'tan'...

Edward

Bartender
Im curious when the "Mandarin" collar became fashionable on moto jackets? 60s Im assuming...

Certainly in the UK the 'cafe racer' as we know it is a sixties thing, though they have their origin in the one-piece riding suits of the fifties. I have seen mandarin collars on jackets as early as 30s, though - typically German bike jackets and halfbelts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto