Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Oof! Ahh ehh uhhh! :D

I apologize, please let me rephrase that! You good sir, are certainly in great shape, however you do have a very different physique than C~, who is extremely lean for a man his height and chest size.

Great to see how professionally Stu deals with this by the way, very impressed with his customer service suggesting a return at once!

Wait, are you calling me skinny? What about my gym gains bro!

@jacketjunkie right now... too funny.

We all look good!!

C07F8F29-3ECB-4096-AAB6-C14D9DF17530.gif

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
@Carlos840 .. id keep it.. once you move past owning 1 or 2 jackets I feel like having a few where the fits are a little all over the place makes me like them more..I have a few that are either a little too small or too big and I think Im gonna sell it but then Ill wear it for a day and fall in love with it again..

nick123

I'll Lock Up
@Carlos840

It looks fine to me. Optimal unzipped. Agree however that the narrow waist looks missing from this particular repro; that said I don't know if the CHP look ever induced elegance on any wearer; it's more functional and utilitarian in appearance.

Most here who provide a sharper criticism really care and want you to find as perfection close to possible; that is to be commended. I'm in the basket where it looks "good enough". Hardly convincing words, but I think you should hang onto it! Actually surprised at the critique when I read this thread, but the insights make sense.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Off topic, is anyone else seeing that bicycling underwear ad every time you log in? The one with the crack pad, very disconcerting.

yes although for me it’s been replaced with a pretty cool swamp thing fertilizer ad likely due to some recent yard purchases

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Well, i contacted Stuart, he responded in three minutes:

" It can't be adjusted, we must make you a new one. send it back. will take a bit of time"

I didn't even have to lie about things and didn't have to damage my jacket to get a new one... Weird!
I suppose you attached these pictures, if a client make that facial expression wearing their jacket, any jacket makers will offer the same even the manliest one

antoine p

One of the Regulars
I say hold onto it. To these eyes it looks sharp, and more suited for town than a tapered silhouette. I find this sort of cut very easy wearing and prefer it. For the tall and lean I don't think every jacket needs to emphasize the waist, and I think the leather will relax and give an excellent, roomy-within-control drape- very much sought after in other clothing communities, and not easy to find or get right. Break it in and see what happens, I don't think it'll be hard to sell on the other side if it doesn't feel right, and you can chalk it all up to an experiment with a different style. Adjusting the fit with Stuart sounds like a gamble, especially for a pattern you're generally not thrilled about.
That being said, it doesn't seem this is what you were expecting, so immediate sale or return makes sense too.

marker2037

Practically Family
My eBay 613H came in. It's been lightly used with good grain showing so far, but still has a lot of breaking in to do to get it to mold to my body and drape better. I think it's a great fit to start though even if it's on the shorter side as it was custom 1" shorter than stock. I think I can make it work though.

D1693D12-70A1-4726-B7B3-7B97469D758C-9545-0000060C15B1B2DB.jpg

Last edited:
My eBay 613H came in. It's been lightly used with good grain showing so far, but still has a lot of breaking in to do to get it to mold to my body and drape better. I think it's a great fit to start though even if it's on the shorter side as it was custom 1" shorter than stock. I think I can make it work though.

View attachment 235430

Short!? Seems perfectly normal to me and in fact, at least 1" longer than any of my Schott jackets...

marker2037

Practically Family
It's just the right size for a Schott. Just a perfect mix of cool, Rock and roll and MC. I can only hope ever landing one that fits as good.
Thanks Monitor! I'm sure it's going to age beautifully with me and I see myself wearing this for many years ahead.

I need more time to form an overall opinion/review, but so far I'm very impressed with the quality and fit of this Schott.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points