Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I had an email ready to go for a custom Barnstormer, then at the last minute changed the wording to "Bootlegger", added a mouton collar, then finally balked and paid my school fees. It will happen ONE DAY. I think the barnstormer is the jacket I long for, but unsure I'd wear it all that much. Welp.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had an email ready to go for a custom Barnstormer, then at the last minute changed the wording to "Bootlegger", added a mouton collar, then finally balked and paid my school fees. It will happen ONE DAY. I think the barnstormer is the jacket I long for, but unsure I'd wear it all that much. Welp.
I think the Bootlegger is much more practical for us California folk but I also know that if a jacket is calling you one day you will buy it!

jpk_NJ

One Too Many

Better choice IMO. More versatile. I also longed for a Barnstormer, bought an amazing one in black FQHH, kept it for about a year before selling. I enjoy and wear various 3/4 styles but it was the double breasted look that just pushed it too far out of the norm ...for me. This drove me to buy my modified Blizzard without waistcoat. Still in my closet and classifieds, but kind of glad no takers on it yet.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
The Bates Highwayman is among the best crosszip MC jackets out there. I had one just like this. What size is this, let me know if the kidney panel is soft or has the cardboard in it

No time for pics yet but the kidney panel is indeed very stiff

regius

Haven’t read through all the posts after your follow up photo, but if the back is indeed like that with a center seam, it is not a Bates, it’s a Vanson.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Had a few minutes to check it out and snap some quick fit pics

43A08204-3387-48A1-8ABF-430CE5B93E43.jpeg
FE089FA3-4E35-4306-99D3-CF4578CEF3A1.jpeg

Fit feels fantastic if a touch long in the back.

Jacket also feels a bit dirty, zip is a little actually sticky, so a cleaning is in the future for sure.

The leather quality is amazing. Strong, supple, beautiful grain. Really cool jacket

View attachment 241347 View attachment 241349

Jacket also feels a bit dirty, zip is a little actually sticky, so a cleaning is in the future for sure.

The leather quality is amazing. Strong, supple, beautiful grain. Really cool jacket

Can't see what any more money would get you that could top this jacket. Perfect in fit, construction and material.

Awesome. I need to wonder twins activate my search for a Bates. All else can wait. Looks perfect.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
@JMax Other than this one I’ve only seen a few Bates crosszips in 38, and that insanely priced straight zip similar to @ton312 ’s in a 40

@Monitor Thanks! It’s the first cross zip I’ve handled and I feel like I’m spending all my luck on jacket finds lol. Well almost. I did try on a Schott 626 but it was far too light for my taste and a size too large

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab

That grin says it all. Congrats!

Mrfrown

One Too Many
serious kidney protection :), great looking fit

SUPER SERIOUS

Really the stiff kidney panel is the only thing I didn’t immediately like. Strikes me as the sorta thing that could come off as “cosplaying” being a biker.

But it doesn’t really bother me. I mean, I now have several motorcycle jackets, and I’ve never pretended to be something I’m not in them. Why should this one be different?

regius

Correction: this is a Bates. Perfect fit! Bates is one of those pattern that has a “universal fit” lol

regius

SUPER SERIOUS

Really the stiff kidney panel is the only thing I didn’t immediately like. Strikes me as the sorta thing that could come off as “cosplaying” being a biker.

But it doesn’t really bother me. I mean, I now have several motorcycle jackets, and I’ve never pretended to be something I’m not in them. Why should this one be different?
The kidney panel has a cardboard in it, paper cardboard. I usually remove mine.

regius

Just receive a batch of this amazing veg tanned goat, this is Shinki level goat. Far superior than any solid colored A2 goat to date, this is a 200 year old tannery and has more likely supplies to WW2 makers. It’s crisp and jerky to the touch, has a brilliant russet base with dark top, so it’s two tone already. Should echo well with small trim of black goat.

Attachments

• 37614124-9EF9-45CF-A18D-106E9B3458C5.jpeg
    37614124-9EF9-45CF-A18D-106E9B3458C5.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 952
  • 28A7DBC7-D2A6-4E61-9806-818F5B87AE49.jpeg
    28A7DBC7-D2A6-4E61-9806-818F5B87AE49.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 926
  • 8F113D81-916D-477D-B7D6-78B11A5A98DC.jpeg
    8F113D81-916D-477D-B7D6-78B11A5A98DC.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 980
  • 23691EC0-A817-4A02-9C98-A8B2C1A2C9AE.jpeg
    23691EC0-A817-4A02-9C98-A8B2C1A2C9AE.jpeg
    7.2 MB · Views: 1,242

Mrfrown

One Too Many
The kidney panel has a cardboard in it, paper cardboard. I usually remove mine.

Thought you were joking about that in the earlier post. How do you take it out?

Just receive a batch of this amazing veg tanned goat, this is Shinki level goat. Far superior than any solid colored A2 goat to date, this is a 200 year old tannery and has more likely supplies to WW2 makers. It’s crisp and jerky to the touch, has a brilliant russet base with dark top, so it’s two tone already. Should echo well with small trim of black goat.

WOAH. That’s some beautiful hide. What do you plan to do with it? An A2? And how do you take it from hide to completed jacket?

regius

Thought you were joking about that in the earlier post. How do you take it out?
I actually have sent my Bates to Johnson to take it out while doing other stuff.

WOAH. That’s some beautiful hide. What do you plan to do with it? An A2? And how do you take it from hide to completed jacket?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112