Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Pandemic

One Too Many
48625480-8E95-4ED6-B5A0-AB574F500E4F.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
A Book full of Jackets! I bought this on yahoo Japan on December 13, 2020. It was cheap compared to ebay prices. Shipping by DHL was going to be the same as shipping a jacket! So I opted for the cheap route, 3 months later it arrives.

I think it was bargained priced because the cover is put on backward?

Just thumbed through and it has a ton of jackets I have not seen. Always something new to learn in this books.

DSC02595.JPG

Thanks, I thought that may be the reason. Many new interesting jackets to drool over.

I have the Lightning book that has the white cover stating something like “all vintage” jackets. Not sure if it is any different from the other white covered books. I wonder if your new book is different and merits a BIN.

I just sit there and look at the pictures, similarly to normal people and their Playboy.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
A Book full of Jackets! I bought this on yahoo Japan on December 13, 2020. It was cheap compared to ebay prices. Shipping by DHL was going to be the same as shipping a jacket! So I opted for the cheap route, 3 months later it arrives.

I think it was bargained priced because the cover is put on backward?

Just thumbed through and it has a ton of jackets I have not seen. Always something new to learn in this books.

View attachment 318569

Nice! Sometimes a book about jackets is in fact more satisfying than another jacket. My Rin Tanaka book came with all of this correspondence (letters and envelopes) between him and a collector tucked in the pages.

dannyk

One Too Many
Nice! Sometimes a book about jackets is in fact more satisfying than another jacket. My Rin Tanaka book came with all of this correspondence (letters and envelopes) between him and a collector tucked in the pages.
Rins books are expensive, and somewhat responsible for the explosion in pricing over the last 5-10 years. But for all of that; they still are really cool. I own almost all of them and they have such cool stuff. They are a really good resource.

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I have the Lightning book that has the white cover stating something like “all vintage” jackets. Not sure if it is any different from the other white covered books. I wonder if your new book is different and merits a BIN.

I just sit there and look at the pictures, similarly to normal people and their Playboy.

This book has a lot of pictures, not the best/largest shots. Here are some pages. It is mostly Japanese.

DSC02602.JPG
DSC02603.JPG
DSC02604.JPG
DSC02605.JPG

That sounds interesting! What language is the correspondence in?

This book has a lot of pictures, not the best/largest shots. Here are some pages. It is mostly Japanese.

View attachment 319204 View attachment 319205 View attachment 319206 View attachment 319207

That sounds interesting! What language is the correspondence in?

Thank you. I may have to purchase it. The white-covered Lightning book is one jacket per page. A beautiful large photo of the front of the jacket and a smaller photo of the back. Really cool. I would post pics but it’s in my storage unit. In a place I cannot reach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112