Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Gonna order a new Schott 618 in time for March Madness. I dropped another size down to a 44. This jacket will be patched up. I am torn between the horse and steer. The steer has old glory, but love the shine of the horse. Not fond of the imported materials tag. I've had 2 horsehide jackets from Schott and it rocks, but no American flag inside. I have no experience with their steerhide, but it has that nice American flag inside. Any comments on Schott's steerhide?
the horsehide I believe comes from Italy or Spain but is constructed in USA. So that's why it doesn't have the full blown US flag. The 618 steer is really stiff and top coat. I have one I just got from the 70s and it's barely broken in. But once it gets there, it's certainly nice. On the other hand, my 118 is a dream as far as leather. Aniline, really soft and gooey after just a few wears and a rain session. I'd put that up against anything in my collection. But they run big, so if you 44 in 618, you a 42 or even a 40 in 118.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
the horsehide I believe comes from Italy or Spain but is constructed in USA. So that's why it doesn't have the full blown US flag. The 618 steer is really stiff and top coat. I have one I just got from the 70s and it's barely broken in. But once it gets there, it's certainly nice. On the other hand, my 118 is a dream as far as leather. Aniline, really soft and gooey after just a few wears and a rain session. I'd put that up against anything in my collection. But they run big, so if you 44 in 618, you a 42 or even a 40 in 118.

Can we see the 118? I really like the schotts that you score like that 641xx

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Can we see the 118? I really like the schotts that you score like that 641xx
sure. I'll wear it tomorrow and take some photos outside. That one I bought new last year, actually almost year ago. I bought it just as Covid breakout started. Was in the LA store and talking to the guys about whether this "illness" was real or not LOL. Wow how things changed.

Here's an older photo I found:

gLdIx6z.jpg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
sure. I'll wear it tomorrow and take some photos outside. That one I bought new last year, actually almost year ago. I bought it just as Covid breakout started. Was in the LA store and talking to the guys about whether this "illness" was real or not LOL. Wow how things changed.

Here's an older photo I found:

gLdIx6z.jpg

I remember this jacket, so the 118 is a newer jacket with a full aniline leather. I thought for a moment that it was an older jacket. It's real, it's really real. I caught it bad too lol

Hard to actually say if true or not on photos but that's how my black aniline shinki from FL looks like. Smooth leather with fine grain.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I remember this jacket, so the 118 is a newer jacket with a full aniline leather. I thought for a moment that it was an older jacket. It's real, it's really real. I caught it bad too lol

Hard to actually say if true or not on photos but that's how my black aniline shinki from FL looks like. Smooth leather with fine grain.
oh yeah, I know it's real, for sure.

I wouldn't call it a grain monster. More fine, spider web like. I just like the way it feels and it's super comfortable. My Enfield has the same feel but is not comfortable as the 118. Basically like lamb skin, but like 20x thickness LOL. I'm starting to get some good creases on the sleeves and more body forming. I'll try and take from same angle to see the progression hopefully. Grain wise, my 519 is probably best Schott. Has the waxy cowhide. Really popped after I dunked it in water to shrink some.

edit: btw, you might be thinking about the 618 I just got, but is really a 70s model. I posted that one last week. That one is still rigid and overall very light. But I love the cut on it. A touch short, but I'll deal with it. But has a smaller belt and more taper on sleeves, body, etc. My 118 is a heavy jacket, but it wears like a dream. Think I said it before, but I think it's my bury me in it jacket. Especially if I can get some wears on it and get some patina going.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
oh yeah, I know it's real, for sure.

I wouldn't call it a grain monster. More fine, spider web like. I just like the way it feels and it's super comfortable. My Enfield has the same feel but is not comfortable as the 118. Basically like lamb skin, but like 20x thickness LOL. I'm starting to get some good creases on the sleeves and more body forming. I'll try and take from same angle to see the progression hopefully. Grain wise, my 519 is probably best Schott. Has the waxy cowhide. Really popped after I dunked it in water to shrink some.

edit: btw, you might be thinking about the 618 I just got, but is really a 70s model. I posted that one last week. That one is still rigid and overall very light. But I love the cut on it. A touch short, but I'll deal with it. But has a smaller belt and more taper on sleeves, body, etc. My 118 is a heavy jacket, but it wears like a dream. Think I said it before, but I think it's my bury me in it jacket. Especially if I can get some wears on it and get some patina going.

Nice! Thats review is so helpful! A soft lamb skin is cool and comfy but to have that feel in HH is just plain awesome. All those home treatments seem to be working too.

Maybe so, I think that's the slim fitting perfecto style jacket that looks so casual to wear that looked so good. It's that good that 118 huh, too bad all the new Schott jackets are so long in body length. Did they use the leather of the 118 on other jackets?

roadking04

Practically Family

I had a few beers in me when I made my post, hence my little issue with the Schott tags. I bought 2 new 618hh. One around 2016 and it had the flag, the other last fall, and an imported materials tag. Not really a big deal, but Schott raves about being a 100 year old AMERICAN company.(ok, my rant is over, lol).

I always said I would have 2 perfectos in my stable. 1 a little bigger for layering a hoodie underneath, and 1 a little snug for a t shirt only fit. I always thought motorcycle jackets with a few patches on them were the coolest of the cool. So I am gonna put some patches on the "summer" one.

The 618 actually works rather well on the bike for me. I am not a fan of naked leather for m/c use, so I don't think the 118 would work for me. I am just curious about the Schott steerhide. I don't think I have seen many examples of the steer on this forum. I am hoping it is more shiny than matte in real life.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Trojan jacket picture is headed back to Japan the seller has agreed to refund.

Yesterday I placed an order with Alan of Johnson Leather to make me a reproduction with a 3.5 Oz brown Horween CXL horsehide. This is a softer batch with a lot of color variation something out of the ordinary Horween presented to Alan. I have been talking about doing a Trojan reproduction with Johnson Leather for two years. With an original example at Johnson Leather to take measurements from, I decided time to act. The only change to the original is I am going with no belt loops. I planning on two months with the test jacket.
I canceled this trojan order. It is a manner of funds. I spent the refunded doe on my recent Cal racer and Block Blit halfbelt. After 2020 I do not have the deep pockets for jackets I use to have. I am more of a vintage jacket guy anyway and figured a remake would be the same experience as wearing an original 50s Trojan. John Leather did not have access to cream horsehide. Maybe in the future if I sell some jackets

I canceled this trojan order. It is a manner of funds. I spent the refunded doe on my recent Cal racer and Block Blit halfbelt. After 2020 I do not have the deep pockets for jackets I use to have. I am more of a vintage jacket guy anyway and figured a remake would be the same experience as wearing an original 50s Trojan. John Leather did not have access to cream horsehide. Maybe in the future if I sell some jackets
If you ever consider moving the STF bootlegger you recently picked up....no need to post it, I’ll take it!

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Well I most certainly am not! I sent an email to Mintvintage AND eBay, demanding that they ban Americans from buying jackets from European market, explaining that they're, in fact, OUR jackets (I mean, Schott? Jozef Buegeleisen? Langlitz? Vanson?) and they agreed as it's the right thing to do. It's time we get our jackets back home, where they belong. You guys
Well I most certainly am not! I sent an email to Mintvintage AND eBay, demanding that they ban Americans from buying jackets from European market, explaining that they're, in fact, OUR jackets (I mean, Schott? Jozef Buegeleisen? Langlitz? Vanson?) and they agreed as it's the right thing to do. It's time we get our jackets back home, where they belong. You guys can keep GAP.
Well the cal originally came from ventura California so actually it is coming back home.
I understand your frustration about the import deal an it sucks, thats a sleepy government.
Not sure where to put this, but this section seems the most appropriate. Purchased a jacket on ebay last week, a Schott HH cafe racer, or at least that's what it was advertised as. It came yesterday, I'm a bit confused, but overall pretty happy. It does have a Schott main zipper, but no other tags, etc. I'm thinking maybe it was relined? Maybe the zipper was replaced? The sleeve zippers are "universal". My knowledge of horsehide is pretty limited, but this does appear to be horsehide to me at least(the shine, the rolls on the sleeves, the grain), am I wrong? It's much lighter than the CXL FQHH on my Aero, but I think most leathers probably are. It does look a lot like the 641 HH, so maybe it's one of those, with a different liner? It's in great shape, and most importantly, I think it fits me pretty well. That part is the most surprising, as the sellers description was a bit um, cryptic... Anyway, here are some photos. Have a look and let me know what you all think.(apologies for the dirty mirror in the "selfie"!) View attachment 316829 View attachment 316831 View attachment 316832
I'm not so sure its a schott, that main zipper pull is very easy to change/remove. If it's a schott there should be a size tag/style tag inside the pockets somewhere it is about the size of a stamp.

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
So nice to see you guys in the US can get their jackets from the UK while just today, after three days of fighting with the customs office, I finally requested of them to send "my" red jacket back to sender because it's no longer possible to import anything from outside the EU. I don't even care if anyone refunds me or not but I am never buying anything from UK ever again. Lession learned. Enjoy your jacket, @jonbuilder. I'm this close to being out of this hobby.
Is this a new government. Regulation? Carlos seems to always get his packages. What is the deal?
This is indeed a burden

Is this a new government. Regulation? Carlos seems to always get his packages. What is the deal?
This is indeed a burden

A luminary I ain’t, I’m a simple dude except for the business I am in. But Monitor is yanking chain, and not in a gentle and considerate way lol. Hilarious.

Bahabp100

Practically Family
This Branded Garments shipped out today, pretty excited for it. May end up being a catch and release since it is a size 40. However, their stuff has always fit pretty snug, so it may work out. Seller says she has not worn it since Bike Week 1986!

130731649_3882410365110945_5177063580152226726_n.jpg

130801942_3882410405110941_1196753555051681993_n.jpg
Is this the famous “The Beast” branded garments / orchard MC jacket ?

Bahabp100

Practically Family
Yesterday I bought this lvc jacket as worn by Daniel Craig in the James bond movie Skyfall. Tom Cruise and Johnny Depp also have one in their wardrobe. I don't think I'll keep it but I bought it just to see and experience what it's about. Maybe write a review on it.

View attachment 317860
View attachment 317861
Nice jacket great fit
I have a Zegna Silk suit that was made for Skyfall as well . It’s very slinky 100% silk amazing quality

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21