Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Kubatu

A-List Customer
Is this the famous “The Beast” branded garments / orchard MC jacket ?

It is not the one recently on the classifieds, although I would have loved that one if it was in my size. The Branded Garments CHP is what that model is typically referenced as, but this resembles more of a standard cross zip with a coin pocket, although I expect it to still be pretty substantial as far as weight goes.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
It is not the one recently on the classifieds, although I would have loved that one if it was in my size. The Branded Garments CHP is what that model is typically referenced as, but this resembles more of a standard cross zip with a coin pocket, although I expect it to still be pretty substantial as far as weight goes.
With a little luck, @abone2010 will have it on Monday or Tuesday and it will fit. Package was 7 lbs 11 ozs, so a solid 7.5 lbs for sure. And I agree, the design is perfect. More simplistic, yet functional. It was just too much jacket for me, and every time I was going for a side lace jacket, I was grabbing one of my Cals. Couldn't keep it caged anymore. It belongs out in the wild with a rider that will show it the world and some good dive bars.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Nice! Thats review is so helpful! A soft lamb skin is cool and comfy but to have that feel in HH is just plain awesome. All those home treatments seem to be working too.

Maybe so, I think that's the slim fitting perfecto style jacket that looks so casual to wear that looked so good. It's that good that 118 huh, too bad all the new Schott jackets are so long in body length. Did they use the leather of the 118 on other jackets?
Hey Jin, just to be clear. 118 is not HH. It's naked cow. All the 100 series Schotts use this leather. Not sure how much the formula has changed over the years, but the leather is so nice, I bought the 141 and 165 in it. I agree though, probably not good for motorcycle riding if you live in wet climate, otherwise more of a fashion piece. They've released a couple of trucker styles recently in the 100 series. I like the pattern, but don't like the buttons they used. I think there's also a blue version of it that they used in a Perfecto style and maybe some others.

The 100 series though is typical pear shaped Schott sizing. My 118 got a mini dunk in water and time in the sun. I think I shrunk it a 1/4 size which was just enough to tighten up the arms and torso and maybe take 1/2 inch of the length. So it runs just past belt line, but I have so many short jackets that it's cool. For my preference, since the jacket has the belt, and then wearing a belt, it's a little overkill. Certain people can pull it off stacked like that, but it ain't my jam.

Anyway, I wouldn't pay full price for one (but that's becoming more true with all my jackets), but if you see it on Ebay in 400-500 range, well worth it. You see more 141 than 118s. Not sure if 118 just isn't as popular, or no one ever sells them LOL. 141 as many have noted is a wonky fit. I spent a couple hundred bucks taming it and would never do something like that again. Too many nice jackets that scratch that itch out of the box. But, going back to the point, the leather made me do it :)

Is this a new government. Regulation? Carlos seems to always get his packages. What is the deal?
This is indeed a burden

@Carlos840 is in the same boat and has to plan all his purchases with crazy ass EU regulations in mind, which are now even more vengeful when it comes to UK purchases. Returns/exchanges are pretty much a no for him as well. US customs are a lot more forgiving, seems like it.

Makes me wonder, though; Are US made jackets even liable for taxation if sent back from Europe to the United States, since they are made over there, after all? I'm thinking everything that had to be paid on 'em had already been taken care of years ago. There's a field on the shipping form whenever I'm sending something abroad, where I'm supposed to state the country of origin of the goods I'm sending.

A luminary I ain’t, I’m a simple dude except for the business I am in. But Monitor is yanking chain, and not in a gentle and considerate way lol. Hilarious.

:cool:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Just bought this Levi trucker. Looks like it's vintage (no LVC). Can anyone confirm? I'm not knowledgeable on these.
615E8D97-741D-4B96-A484-8D13CBB4592C.jpeg
61ED6CD7-E17A-436D-974F-A4C6D736E425.jpeg
6A557A1D-4ED8-41D4-975A-D2127CB48EB7.jpeg

8E97A723-6E3B-4154-A449-29504C83F6EF.jpeg

They reissued the shorthorn label as a part of their heritage collection but the repro is, I believe, rough-out, not suede so this might be the real deal. Which is impressive!

Schambach

Practically Family
I'm not so sure its a schott, that main zipper pull is very easy to change/remove. If it's a schott there should be a size tag/style tag inside the pockets somewhere it is about the size of a stamp.

I’m not either. And even if it is, I don’t think the main zipper is original. My theory so far is that it’s an older jacket, that someone had relined, as the lining, and the main zipper seems much newer than the other hardware and the leather itself. I also think the leather has been conditioned and possibly coated with something? The pockets have been relined as well, so there’s no tag.

But, it does look more like a 60s era schott than anything else I’ve found. There are a few on Etsy that are VERY close to this.

Just bought this Levi trucker. Looks like it's vintage (no LVC). Can anyone confirm? I'm not knowledgeable on these.
View attachment 318002 View attachment 318003 View attachment 318004
View attachment 318005
Mitch beat me to it but yeah, that’s a short horn and the condition looks really, really good given it’s age. I believe the plain sleeve cuff wasn’t present on any but the most recent (brownie) repro (could be wrong). That’s a major score. Please tell me you didn’t buy it for $5 on vinted. :mad:;)

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Hey Jin, just to be clear. 118 is not HH. It's naked cow. All the 100 series Schotts use this leather. Not sure how much the formula has changed over the years, but the leather is so nice, I bought the 141 and 165 in it. I agree though, probably not good for motorcycle riding if you live in wet climate, otherwise more of a fashion piece. They've released a couple of trucker styles recently in the 100 series. I like the pattern, but don't like the buttons they used. I think there's also a blue version of it that they used in a Perfecto style and maybe some others.

The 100 series though is typical pear shaped Schott sizing. My 118 got a mini dunk in water and time in the sun. I think I shrunk it a 1/4 size which was just enough to tighten up the arms and torso and maybe take 1/2 inch of the length. So it runs just past belt line, but I have so many short jackets that it's cool. For my preference, since the jacket has the belt, and then wearing a belt, it's a little overkill. Certain people can pull it off stacked like that, but it ain't my jam.

Anyway, I wouldn't pay full price for one (but that's becoming more true with all my jackets), but if you see it on Ebay in 400-500 range, well worth it. You see more 141 than 118s. Not sure if 118 just isn't as popular, or no one ever sells them LOL. 141 as many have noted is a wonky fit. I spent a couple hundred bucks taming it and would never do something like that again. Too many nice jackets that scratch that itch out of the box. But, going back to the point, the leather made me do it :)

Got it 100 series is naked cowhide. No wonder it looks familiar, I see a lot of similar looking hides at JL and those cowhides are a pleasure to try out each time I visit the shop. It's a nice hug and so comfy to wear.

That's my issue with schotts that is made rather big, the 641xx you told me about is probably something that will agree with more or the older perfecto from the 70s you mentioned as well

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A luminary I ain’t, I’m a simple dude except for the business I am in. But Monitor is yanking chain, and not in a gentle and considerate way lol. Hilarious.
John, Monitor, and I are cool like Jmax said a little venting no harm done. And I am sure Carlos"s closet is not going to be lonely for one 70 year old Cal

Yamahana

One Too Many
Bought these riding gloves. Don't really know why because I don't ride (unless riding my moped counts as riding :) ) but they just looked cool.

Seller says they're from 1948 and that they're Belgium made. Shouldn't these have lining?

View attachment 318179 View attachment 318180 View attachment 318181
These gloves are super cool! There are some things a guys gotta have just because. I do ride but just now realize I don't have any cool vintage gloves. Thats about to change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner