Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

So nice to see you guys in the US can get their jackets from the UK while just today, after three days of fighting with the customs office, I finally requested of them to send "my" red jacket back to sender because it's no longer possible to import anything from outside the EU. I don't even care if anyone refunds me or not but I am never buying anything from UK ever again. Lession learned. Enjoy your jacket, @jonbuilder. I'm this close to being out of this hobby.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
So nice to see you guys in the US can get their jackets from the UK while just today, after three days of fighting with the customs office, I finally requested of them to send "my" red jacket back to sender because it's no longer possible to import anything from outside the EU. I don't even care if anyone refunds me or not but I am never buying anything from UK ever again. Lession learned. Enjoy your jacket, @jonbuilder. I'm this close to being out of this hobby.
If there were any nice jackets to be found at all here in Europe, they were listed in the UK.

Dunno, but it sure would make for a great Summer job. If I were younger and without “responsibilities”, I’d be off to Seattle...or maybe Ventura.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@jonbuilder Mine has the round pulls, so probably a jacket that came out after your diamond pull-equipped jacket but before the teardrop bad boys. An in-betweener, that's my guess at least. Looks like the transition in leather already started. I've owned Cals with the "thinner" hide, less prone to grain. This is not that. It will grain and is thick, comparatively. But it isn't as thick as the earlier hide your latest acquisition seems to be made of.

The seller of mine did not know it was a Cal. Hee hee.
View attachment 317434 View attachment 317435
Also, your has shoulder gussets mine does not

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
On a serious note... Got this on the way.

s-l1600.jpg
From Europe??
B

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
To keep the Cal training running. I posted this elsewhere, but I'm just too excited about it. Should have on Monday.

It's a slightly longer body which is just great because my other ones are really pushing the limit of how short do I want to go. But the teacore is what has me excited. Looks like a 50's model. I got a diamond pull replacement coming too so I can restore this thing to all its greatness. I'm hoping one of my mutton collars fits this and I'm all set. Might sell off some of the other Cals as I don't think I'll be wearing anything other than this (hope I don't jinx myself, but owner seemed like he knows what he's talking about and kept it in good shape)

s-l1600.jpg

You just have to accept that anything you buy from the UK will have a lot of money on top to add when paying customs. Either accept it or move on from the UK market. That's how it is, thank the brexiters!

It's not that I am unwilling to pay import taxes for the stuff I buy online, I was fully aware I was going to get hit with some additional charges on that jacket, but my issue in this case was with criminal organizations like Pitney Bowes, which is what I had unexpectedly ran into with this last transaction and I'm guessing that since they already had a strong presence established throughout Europe prior to Brexit, any purchase from UK is destined to become nightmare.
These firms are scum and they employ scum. I've spent hours on the phone talking to scum.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
It's not that I am unwilling to pay import taxes for the stuff I buy online, I was fully aware I was going to get hit with some additional charges on that jacket, but my issue in this case was with criminal organizations like Pitney Bowes, which is what I had unexpectedly ran into with this last transaction and I'm guessing that since they already had a strong presence established throughout Europe prior to Brexit, any purchase from UK is destined to become nightmare.
These firms are scum and they employ scum. I've spent hours on the phone talking to scum.

Not sure who these Pitney Bowes people are but sounds very unsavory and annoying as hell as they can be. I feel for you @Monitor

56DeSoto

Familiar Face
I just ordered this Schott limited edition studded piece of insanity from ThredUp. Good return policy if it doesn't fit because it's supposedly a medium, but I'm not sure if it's a womens or a mens jacket. Let's see how long I can stand to have those laces on the cuffs...
schottstudded.jpg

roadking04

Practically Family
Gonna order a new Schott 618 in time for March Madness. I dropped another size down to a 44. This jacket will be patched up. I am torn between the horse and steer. The steer has old glory, but love the shine of the horse. Not fond of the imported materials tag. I've had 2 horsehide jackets from Schott and it rocks, but no American flag inside. I have no experience with their steerhide, but it has that nice American flag inside. Any comments on Schott's steerhide?

Hh121

Banned
Gonna order a new Schott 618 in time for March Madness. I dropped another size down to a 44. This jacket will be patched up. I am torn between the horse and steer. The steer has old glory, but love the shine of the horse. Not fond of the imported materials tag. I've had 2 horsehide jackets from Schott and it rocks, but no American flag inside. I have no experience with their steerhide, but it has that nice American flag inside. Any comments on Schott's steerhide?
How do you like JL's crosszip? (You went to horween hide right?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ