Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Mysteryo

One Too Many
The top one with the patch pocket would have proven too irresistible if I had seen it!!
I have the exact same one for sale in the classified, size 42. Fantastic jacket, too snug for me (I'm between 44 and 46)
FullSizeRender.jpg.jpeg
IMG_1572.JPG.jpeg
48368425_10217480761752704_8236238138184302592_n.jpg

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here

jonbuilder

Heavy non label Cal racer arrived and I am thrilled. This is my second Cal racer and it is much different hen the one I purchased from Monitor and previously owned by ton. The new to me Cal is heaver and I will give 5 to 1 odds made from horsehide. The hide lining and zips are in excellent condition no signs of excess wear only well-developed graining. The obvious difference is this jacket has a 6 panel back, no shoulder guests, and is longer in length. Overall this is a large jacket I would say size 46, the largest Cal racer I have noticed in fact large on me but I am not complaining. I not one of the need the perfect fit king of guys. I will be posting comparison pictures in the Cal Leather thread.
Fit pictures in the next post

Last edited:

jonbuilder

Nice. You can definitely see the difference between this hide and the later hides more commonly seen with the teardrop pulls.
Right my other Cal racer has the 60s teardrop pocket zips and very little graining I would not want to bet either way if it was horse or steer. @ JMax I think you would really appreciate handling the earlier 6 panel Cal. Both are steller jackets

Right my other Cal racer has the 60s teardrop pocket zips and very little graining I would not want to bet either way if it was horse or steer. @ JMax I think you would really appreciate handling the earlier 6 panel Cal. Both are steller jackets

Exactly. I always say the early Cal hide is amazing, and it is, but IMO the later hides are still great. Just not as great. And the later, later hides are excellent too.

I’ll keep an eye out for one of these.

@jonbuilder Mine has the round pulls, so probably a jacket that came out after your diamond pull-equipped jacket but before the teardrop bad boys. An in-betweener, that's my guess at least. Looks like the transition in leather already started. I've owned Cals with the "thinner" hide, less prone to grain. This is not that. It will grain and is thick, comparatively. But it isn't as thick as the earlier hide your latest acquisition seems to be made of.

The seller of mine did not know it was a Cal. Hee hee.
CR.jpg
CR2.jpg

dannyk

One Too Many
@jonbuilder Mine has the round pulls, so probably a jacket that came out after your diamond pull-equipped jacket but before the teardrop bad boys. An in-betweener, that's my guess at least. Looks like the transition in leather already started. I've owned Cals with the "thinner" hide, less prone to grain. This is not that. It will grain and is thick, comparatively. But it isn't as thick as the earlier hide your latest acquisition seems to be made of.

The seller of mine did not know it was a Cal. Hee hee.
View attachment 317434 View attachment 317435
There’s a lot of unlabeled Cals out there. Unfortunately most people know what they are. But there’s always a few that are out there for the taking. If you know Cals you know them when you see them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko