How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

Both are fantastic Carlos..The Perfect results of a well executed plan!

red devil, Canuck Panda and Carlos840 like this.
  2. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Very impressive jackets! Can’t wait to see you wearing them! The LT/B picked by @red devil is the perfect choice IMO.

Canuck Panda, red devil and Carlos840 like this.
  3. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

The tannery doesn't offer flawless hides ( they don't grade them), we just ordered what they had.
    RD ordered much more than what was "needed" because we where expecting to have a bunch of waste because of scratches and bullet holes, but when they arrived Stu said they where pretty much flawless and he wasn't expecting to have much waste at all.
    It's a good news/bad news situation, we originally wanted to order 6 jackets total, we now have enough clean leather for 10!
    Not sure what we are going to do with the excess yet, either order more jackets or make it available to a few LW fans.

Edit: getting flawless hides was just luck, apparently Stu wasn't that lucky when he ordered the original green and blue batches years ago, which is the reason why he doesn't want to risk ordering more himself, he says' its just the luck of the draw and we where very lucky this time...

Jin431, navetsea, Zoo and 9 others like this.
  4. ton312

ton312

I would love a Ryder in this hide. Man the grain is just...I don't even know. Such a cool color too. Like a dark cobalt. Really looking forward to seeing how these look worn!

5. Canuck Panda

Canuck Panda Practically Family

That's the universe way of telling you guys that it must be a 10 jacket collection, not 6. Fulfill your callings and show us the jackets!

6. Mrfrown

Mrfrown Practically Family

@Carlos840 the LT A is on my wishlist, very cool to see it in this hide.

Kudos to you and @red devil for such an interesting and rewarding project!

red devil and Carlos840 like this.
  7. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

[​IMG]

8. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

Exactly moose are wild animals, there is generally a lot of wastage because of all sorts of scars. I did ask for clean hides initially but was told immediately that the tannery cannot offer garment grade hides.
    One way to mitigate this would have been to go with printed hides, as this is a way to cover minor imperfections, Printed hides are still really nice, but there is something even more special about the unprinted ones.

So all in all it was a big gamble, and the reason why LW did not want to make more of these no matter how often I pestered them, until I finally decided to order a full batch, that is lol
    As @Carlos840 mentionned we were planning to have minimum four to six jackets. Four in the worst case scenario and six or more in good or better conditions.
    Seems that we got lucky, I suspect the tannery under-promised and over-delivered as well. They were really great to work with. :)

Thanks, I thought that a moose version of this jacket would make it very unique :)

It is a very dark grey, close to black but not black. I used pantone to choose the colour.

I guess the stars aligned for us and we need to use this opportunity to its fullest!

My first jacket will be the trench coat, there is something really fun about having such long panels of clean moose.

Second is the leathertogs B, I really need to get the sizing as close to perfect as possible on this one.

9. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

Stunning!

10. Canuck Panda

Canuck Panda Practically Family

It's almost worth it to make a trip to NYC to try on the sizes before getting the jacket cut.
    Moose hide you got there is once in a life time thing. Usually deer/elk/moose jackets are made up of smaller panels to get around the natural markings. A large panel coat in the full grained game hide was not possible. Don't coat check it at the bar!

red devil and JMax like this.
  11. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Certainly don’t check it in if I’m around. Fair warning.

12. Monitor

Monitor

You gotta freaking wear these two all winter! I wanna know how this hide ages.

Carlos840 likes this.
  13. red devil

You read my mind! :)

Canuck Panda likes this.
  14. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

I just received a second batch of pics.
    This one shows the difference between black lining and grey moose quite well, I'm really curious to see it against the black Horse Hide.

[​IMG]

It looks so thick, the back is crazy:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

marker2037, jonesy86, Jin431 and 11 others like this.
  15. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Those jackets are wonderful …bet you just can’t wait to get your hands on that hide !!

Monitor likes this.
  16. ton312

ton312

Omg that back shot. It looks like neoprene! That has to be a good 1/2” thick. I would love to try that jacket on….And then run my ass off to airport and abscond back to Chicago.
    That has to be the thickest leather I’ve ever seen sewn into a jacket in my life.

navetsea, Carlos840, Boyo and 2 others like this.
  17. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

yep, was just about to say it looks like a scuba suit. But you used a fancier word. So... touche :p

Carlos840 and ton312 like this.
  18. Rich22

Rich22 A-List Customer

I just hope you're able to move in that leather... Fingers crossed for the two of you! They do look impressive.

Carlos840 likes this.
  19. red devil

The hide is very soft, so it won't be a problem. My moose hide Trojan is almost as thick :)

Rich22 likes this.
  20. Rich22

Rich22 A-List Customer

Let's hope so! It feels like you two are in uncharted territory

ton312 likes this.