How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. ton312

ton312

That’s the best kind!

Rich22 likes this.
  2. ojaw

ojaw Familiar Face

Here’s another naive question: what weight of cotton would you choose for a lining? I think I’d like a selvedge due to it’s potential balance of breathability and robustness, but of course the range is vast, from gossamer shirtings to some of the ridiculous denims that IH et al indulge in. FYI, this is for a summer jacket, probably mid weight horsehide.

3. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

Weight I unfortunately do not know. In almost all my jackets I have "Heavy cotton drill" as lining. Both body and sleeves. I like it the best so far. My new jacket, hopefully coming soon, will get wool tartan and satin sleeves for a change.

ojaw likes this.
  4. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman One Too Many

This should be next on the list for the CMHC (clandestine moose hide club)

[​IMG]

5. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

So, I made the mistake of looking at the Mister Freedom website over the weekend and saw that he now makes the campus in size 46..
    1A96E9D1-7E60-4935-BBF4-DBAAE3045BC5.jpeg

will be here tomorrow.
    I had one a few years ago so this will be round 2.

6. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

You're giving us too much credit here, just continuing in the direction LW set a years ago when they offered the first batch of moose hide. Although buying commercial volumes of hides and shipping them was a new experience for me lol

7. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

But I'm glad that none of the sizes fit me.
    46 is way too short and too wide.
    Otherwise I would have to make a spontaneous purchase.

Boyo likes this.
  8. Yamahana

Yamahana A-List Customer

Not very good seller pics but accepted an offer so I thought I’d take a chance. Worried shoulders might be weak.
    A299868F-EF25-49A1-AAE0-4A806CE316D1.jpeg 23843611-5B08-495B-9A8E-F024DA1EAB8A.jpeg 0BCC1D24-85F5-4773-A7C0-1C7001923134.jpeg
    pretty sure it’s 30’s era label
    092CBC6E-2C3B-4301-AE99-0979B98E9438.jpeg

jonesy86, navetsea, ton312 and 8 others like this.
  9. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

Yamahana likes this.
  10. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

When I first got on these forums about a year ago, a jacket slipped through my fingers. And I always wondered about it. Some 40 buys/sells/trades later, I think I have a better sense of what I like, what'll fit, what'll look better, etc.. So I really honed in the collection to what I think is a reasonable number where the jackets will get several wears per year.

Thought I had finally locked it down and then last week a black/brown Vic Ridley appears (another jacket that I had missed on a few times). So now we're plus 1.

And then last night, after clarifying some measurements with @Will Zach, I decided to pull the trigger on his HD Sportster, that first jacket I dilly dallied on and missed. Plus 2. LOL.

Hate to put this out there because I'll probably be eating my words. But I think I'm done for a while. There's nothing now in my closet I want to sell for whatever reason. There's a couple jackets I might upgrade if the right deal came about to get a "nicer" version of that style. And I still have a LL due in the next few weeks and FL next summer. So not totally done. But not really looking either. Past several days haven't searched Ebay. Baby steps LOL. So long as no Thedis at 50% discount appear, I think I'll be good.

jonesy86, navetsea, Zoo and 6 others like this.
  11. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 I'll Lock Up

I've always like that jacket, looking forward to your review.

Boyo likes this.
  12. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 I'll Lock Up

Indeed a 30s label and a 30s Jacket. I would say they used this label before adding the Windward name. Should have a sunrise Talon zipper. Looks like Capeskin? Look forward to hearing more about this one. I do like these original linings even when they are well worn.

The jacket below is labeled Genuine Pony with the added Admiral Byrd label.

DSC03793.JPG

DSC03812.JPG

jonesy86, navetsea, ton312 and 9 others like this.
  13. Mrfrown

Mrfrown Practically Family

Its good to take a breather. Really focus on what you already have and where it fits in for you.

You gonna stick around in a non-acquisition mode?

14. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 I'll Lock Up

I've got a couple of leathers coming tomorrow and a wool guy next week.

The vintage McGregor labels are among the most illustrated.

[​IMG]

15. Canuck Panda

Canuck Panda Practically Family

That is the perfect leather for that design pattern.
    Wool knit lined short wing collar. I get the short wing collars now. They were suppose to be worn standing? Like the rounded shawl cossacks. Nice.

tmitchell59 likes this.
  16. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

oh heck ya. I'll be around as much as ever LOL. I take it as a challenge to avoid the temptation. Besides, fun chatting with you all and from time to time, I pick up some useful info.

Yep, that's the plan, start wearing the heck out of these things. Legit jacket weather now out by me at least in the mornings and evenings. So I figure a different jacket for each since I'm still stuck at home. Did that pretty much through September and I noticed a lot of evolution on a few jackets that were not getting enough love and now finally got like 5 or 6 wears in short time span. Hope to have a closet full of that "Instagram" look by end of this winter :D Now if I could only come up with a plan for my boots. Aye ya ya. Don't even dare click on the footwear stuff LOL.

navetsea, Jin431, roadking04 and 2 others like this.
  17. saucerfiend

saucerfiend Practically Family

18. Yamahana

Yamahana A-List Customer

Thanks, I feel lucky just to find one.

19. Yamahana

Yamahana A-List Customer

I think the lining is actually in pretty good shape, just a little worried about the shoulder areas. Like you said tho these early ones are great to have and admire in condition of wear.
    I’ll post some pics and let you know once it lands in Buckeye, AZ

tmitchell59 likes this.
  20. Yamahana

Yamahana A-List Customer

I had this McGregor in my watch list, almost went for it myself but had the Wind Cheater and a Sears knit/suede already coming so I passed. McGregor labels are some of the best. I’m a sucker for those cool vintage Art Deco labels.

tmitchell59 likes this.