Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
That must've been an interesting process, who gets which design spin the wheel!
Did you request flawless hides or did you order extra and cut away the scars? Usually game animals like moose has lots of scratches and arrow marks and all.
The color now looks like very dark navy. These are very special leather!

The tannery doesn't offer flawless hides ( they don't grade them), we just ordered what they had.
RD ordered much more than what was "needed" because we where expecting to have a bunch of waste because of scratches and bullet holes, but when they arrived Stu said they where pretty much flawless and he wasn't expecting to have much waste at all.
It's a good news/bad news situation, we originally wanted to order 6 jackets total, we now have enough clean leather for 10!
Not sure what we are going to do with the excess yet, either order more jackets or make it available to a few LW fans.

Edit: getting flawless hides was just luck, apparently Stu wasn't that lucky when he ordered the original green and blue batches years ago, which is the reason why he doesn't want to risk ordering more himself, he says' its just the luck of the draw and we where very lucky this time...

Second grey moose hide jacket is ready, they are both shipping today.

UfE6skP.jpg

Fuabr7a.jpg

SSAp79S.jpg

To say i am excited is an understatement, i cannot freaking wait!

And here was No1 in case you missed it:

jvn6gHm.jpg

xjPxExV.jpg

H0EnCSV.jpg

Both of these will remain unique, @red devil and I decided to only have a single jacket made from each different design we order, each grey moose jacket made will be 1 of 1.
I picked J-24 and LT/A, he picked LT/B and Trenchcoat, meaning i can't order a LT/B or trench in that hide for myself and he can't order a J-24 or LT/A in that hide for himself...
We thought it would make the entire process more special.
I would love a Ryder in this hide. Man the grain is just...I don't even know. Such a cool color too. Like a dark cobalt. Really looking forward to seeing how these look worn!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The tannery doesn't offer flawless hides ( they don't grade them), we just ordered what they had.
RD ordered much more than what was "needed" because we where expecting to have a bunch of waste because of scratches and bullet holes, but when they arrived Stu said they where pretty much flawless and he wasn't expecting to have much waste at all.
It's a good news/bad news situation, we originally wanted to order 6 jackets total, we now have enough clean leather for 10!
Not sure what we are going to do with the excess yet, either order more jackets or make it available to a few LW fans.

Edit: getting flawless hides was just luck, apparently Stu wasn't that lucky when he ordered the original green and blue batches years ago, which is the reason why he doesn't want to risk ordering more himself, he says' its just the luck of the draw and we where very lucky this time...

That's the universe way of telling you guys that it must be a 10 jacket collection, not 6. Fulfill your callings and show us the jackets!

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That must've been an interesting process, who gets which design spin the wheel!
Did you request flawless hides or did you order extra and cut away the scars? Usually game animals like moose has lots of scratches and arrow marks and all.
The color now looks like very dark navy. These are very special leather!

Exactly moose are wild animals, there is generally a lot of wastage because of all sorts of scars. I did ask for clean hides initially but was told immediately that the tannery cannot offer garment grade hides.
One way to mitigate this would have been to go with printed hides, as this is a way to cover minor imperfections, Printed hides are still really nice, but there is something even more special about the unprinted ones.

So all in all it was a big gamble, and the reason why LW did not want to make more of these no matter how often I pestered them, until I finally decided to order a full batch, that is lol
As @Carlos840 mentionned we were planning to have minimum four to six jackets. Four in the worst case scenario and six or more in good or better conditions.
Seems that we got lucky, I suspect the tannery under-promised and over-delivered as well. They were really great to work with. :)

Very impressive jackets! Can’t wait to see you wearing them! The LT/B picked by @red devil is the perfect choice IMO.

Thanks, I thought that a moose version of this jacket would make it very unique :)

I would love a Ryder in this hide. Man the grain is just...I don't even know. Such a cool color too. Like a dark cobalt. Really looking forward to seeing how these look worn!

It is a very dark grey, close to black but not black. I used pantone to choose the colour.

That's the universe way of telling you guys that it must be a 10 jacket collection, not 6. Fulfill your callings and show us the jackets!

I guess the stars aligned for us and we need to use this opportunity to its fullest!

My first jacket will be the trench coat, there is something really fun about having such long panels of clean moose.

Second is the leathertogs B, I really need to get the sizing as close to perfect as possible on this one.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

UfE6skP.jpg

Fuabr7a.jpg

SSAp79S.jpg

mPKP0xb.jpg

jvn6gHm.jpg

xjPxExV.jpg

H0EnCSV.jpg

Both of these will remain unique, @red devil and I decided to only have a single jacket made from each different design we order, each grey moose jacket made will be 1 of 1.
I picked J-24 and LT/A, he picked LT/B and Trenchcoat, meaning i can't order a LT/B or trench in that hide for myself and he can't order a J-24 or LT/A in that hide for himself...
Stunning!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Exactly moose are wild animals, there is generally a lot of wastage because of all sorts of scars. I did ask for clean hides initially but was told immediately that the tannery cannot offer garment grade hides.
One way to mitigate this would have been to go with printed hides, as this is a way to cover minor imperfections, Printed hides are still really nice, but there is something even more special about the unprinted ones.

So all in all it was a big gamble, and the reason why LW did not want to make more of these no matter how often I pestered them, until I finally decided to order a full batch, that is lol
As @Carlos840 mentionned we were planning to have minimum four to six jackets. Four in the worst case scenario and six or more in good or better conditions.
Seems that we got lucky, I suspect the tannery under-promised and over-delivered as well. They were really great to work with. :)

Thanks, I thought that a moose version of this jacket would make it very unique :)

It is a very dark grey, close to black but not black. I used pantone to choose the colour.

I guess the stars aligned for us and we need to use this opportunity to its fullest!

My first jacket will be the trench coat, there is something really fun about having such long panels of clean moose.

Second is the leathertogs B, I really need to get the sizing as close to perfect as possible on this one.

It's almost worth it to make a trip to NYC to try on the sizes before getting the jacket cut.
Moose hide you got there is once in a life time thing. Usually deer/elk/moose jackets are made up of smaller panels to get around the natural markings. A large panel coat in the full grained game hide was not possible. Don't coat check it at the bar!

It's almost worth it to make a trip to NYC to try on the sizes before getting the jacket cut.
Moose hide you got there is once in a life time thing. Usually deer/elk/moose jackets are made up of smaller panels to get around the natural markings. A large panel coat in the full grained game hide was not possible. Don't coat check it at the bar!

Certainly don’t check it in if I’m around. Fair warning.

UfE6skP.jpg

Fuabr7a.jpg

SSAp79S.jpg

mPKP0xb.jpg

jvn6gHm.jpg

xjPxExV.jpg

H0EnCSV.jpg

You gotta freaking wear these two all winter! I wanna know how this hide ages.

I just received a second batch of pics.
This one shows the difference between black lining and grey moose quite well, I'm really curious to see it against the black Horse Hide.

jRqC9Oz.jpg

It looks so thick, the back is crazy:

BR7vMxH.jpg

tAqyyBv.jpg
Omg that back shot. It looks like neoprene! That has to be a good 1/2” thick. I would love to try that jacket on….And then run my ass off to airport and abscond back to Chicago.
That has to be the thickest leather I’ve ever seen sewn into a jacket in my life.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Omg that back shot. It looks like neoprene! That has to be a good 1/2” thick. I would love to try that jacket on….And then run my ass off to airport and abscond back to Chicago.
That has to be the thickest leather I’ve ever seen sewn into a jacket in my life.
yep, was just about to say it looks like a scuba suit. But you used a fancier word. So... touche :p

ojaw

A-List Customer
Here’s another naive question: what weight of cotton would you choose for a lining? I think I’d like a selvedge due to it’s potential balance of breathability and robustness, but of course the range is vast, from gossamer shirtings to some of the ridiculous denims that IH et al indulge in. FYI, this is for a summer jacket, probably mid weight horsehide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot