Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Nice find. That looks just like the one I picked up a couple weeks ago.

BTW, it's actually the best fitting jacket I've ever put on. You will not be disappointed.

And a word of advice to any denim jacket makers today: don't try to fix what was already perfected by Lee decades ago. Stop messing with the sizing and lengths and literally just copy this.
thank you. your jacket is what made me look into Lee's, always thought the Levi's type 3 was the coolest Sherpa then I saw this and it changed my mind (still want a type 3 Sherpa though lol but those are much easier to find so I got this first)

you are so right, the new modified truckers using better denim/corduroy/sashiko/canvas etc is almost always off with their dimensions. whether American or Japanese made, it's just too long in the body. I love my IH 101J and type 3 for how well it's build and how nice the denim is but it would be so much nicer if it's 1.5" shorter long in the body.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
The Lee Jacket has always been King with me. Never liked the Levi. I've got a blanket lined Lee, this one is very cool. I have worn out a few though the years..

img_9484-jpg.387223

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
always wanted a Sherpa jacket and could not resist this one
View attachment 387223
So nice. I had to stop doing the lee 101j search. Iterally had like 5 on my watch list and just as my leather addiction was getting under control. Bought two late 70s model, both are in great shape. One fits a little tighter, shorter than the other. I might sell here, but like marker said, it's perfect design. I wish there was a high quality repro without the handwarmers and like you said, not so long. Would love to get a deeper blue one because the older ones are all pretty faded. Those pockets are just everything.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
So nice. I had to stop doing the lee 101j search. Iterally had like 5 on my watch list and just as my leather addiction was getting under control. Bought two late 70s model, both are in great shape. One fits a little tighter, shorter than the other. I might sell here, but like marker said, it's perfect design. I wish there was a high quality repro without the handwarmers and like you said, not so long. Would love to get a deeper blue one because the older ones are all pretty faded. Those pockets are just everything.
I get it man, it's such a cool classic design. glad atleast 1 fits you well and the other will be sold to another member here (hopefully and quickly). I think the closest I've seen to it is the Mr Freedom rancher?? but its not exactly a carbon copy and don't know how those fit. i saw a slightly modified version 101J (chest pockets are shaped differently) using American denim by an Indonesian maker Oldblueco that seems to stick to the classic cut

*just wondering can old denim be dyed with indigo?

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
*just wondering can old denim be dyed with indigo?

Im pretty sure it would be fine, I dont think you could avoid dyeing the sherpa/lining though. it would probably require you to submerge the entire jacket in the indigo dye.. but maybe you could "paint it" on.. with a cheap jacket could be a fun experiment.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Im pretty sure it would be fine, I dont think you could avoid dyeing the sherpa/lining though. it would probably require you to submerge the entire jacket in the indigo dye.. but maybe you could "paint it" on.. with a cheap jacket could be a fun experiment.
I remember @ton312 dyeing one of his newer type 3 darker so I was just wondering if it can be done with indigo as well. I've no plans of actually going through with all that motion for my incoming Sherpa since I'll just make a mess of it lol

I think it is possible. Fiber reactive dye is designed to dye cellulose fibers (cotton, linnen, bamboo etc). The sherpa lining isn't plant based (It's polyester) so I don't think fibre reactive dye will react with the lining. It will only color the cotton outer layer.
that's very insightful, I think I get it to use a fiber reactive dye for making it darker if I wanted to. What brand is an example of that?

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Took a few with this Thedi fresh outta the package. I wouldn’t typically go all UPS like this but for today…hey, what can brown do for you?

Fit feels great, leather very nice thickness and pliability, some apparent pull up effect. From the state of the sleeves seems like it was never worn? Or perhaps just by someone with smaller arms. Could be short going by the end point of the zipper? Dunno. One step closer to an all Thedi collection

E115B7BA-584E-411A-8BE1-72595A4173C3.jpeg
525ADF18-F34F-4ED3-94FC-47690787D63A.jpeg
4DAB83F7-5083-407D-8787-3E89B18A8C59.jpeg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Took a few with this Thedi fresh outta the package. I wouldn’t typically go all UPS like this but for today…hey, what can brown do for you?

Fit feels great, leather very nice thickness and pliability, some apparent pull up effect. From the state of the sleeves seems like it was never worn? Or perhaps just by someone with smaller arms. Could be short going by the end point of the zipper? Dunno. One step closer to an all Thedi collection

View attachment 387496 View attachment 387497 View attachment 387498
Hey that turned out pretty well. I took mine out to take some measurements and then started 2nd guessing myself. I'm with you, All Thedi Collection LOL. There's a lot more details on your jacket than mine (the shark gills sort of effect on the back, kidney panel, piping, handwarmers, wrist snaps). It's like you got a car with every option, showroom model for sure.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 387496 View attachment 387497 View attachment 387498
very very nice! congrats!

BlueSteel

One of the Regulars
Got a previously-owned, but basically unworn Thedi shawl collar (sort of A-1 style) in black Italian cowhide on route to me.

Always liked Thedi, but figured I'd have to order custom because Thedi's off-the-rack configurations were always out of whack for my measurements. Closest I could come with those would be XXXL, which would still be: a little tight in the chest, too short, and have sleeves *way* too long.

But then I saw this one for sale - it was a custom order with very good measurements for me that the owner said he bought a few years ago, put in the closet, and pretty much never wore.

I'm looking forward to receiving it soon:

I'm so happy to say this arrived and the fit is very good! A little extra room in the body, but these jackets are a tad boxy anyways. Waist is generous, but I cinched the straps on the sides and that makes the waist fit well. Sleeve length perfect, jacket length perfect, shoulders fit and feel great.

This really does look and smell like a brand new jacket. Considering I paid 50% of the new price...I am thrilled with it!

I'll try to get a couple fit pics to post in the next couple days.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Day after I sell my brown 70s Perfecto Cafe Racer, the closet says buy another. Black label perfecto long half belt en route. Missing the detachable belt of course but I have high hopes for this one...
View attachment 386338
Epic fail from EBay. I hate buying on there and this might be the last buy / return. Almost every seam is missing the stitching and separating or just being barely held together by the inside glue / inner stitch. Shame because this one fit really well and the thickest perfecto hide I’ve ever come across

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy