Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Zoo

One of the Regulars
that's very insightful, I think I get it to use a fiber reactive dye for making it darker if I wanted to. What brand is an example of that?

I used iDye to dye a wool-blend reproduction military uniform, with very good results. I had to use both the Natural (fiber reactive) and Poly version of the color to do it because of the polyester in the wool and thread.
The first attempt to dye it black with a different brand of fiber reactive dye failed. The wool came out chocolate brown and the thread did not change color. Anecdotal, but it supports Marc's idea that the sherpa will come out fine.
https://www.dharmatrading.com/dyes/...uzuNJHBMo0jD70uKtCevRPRCQIwjBE68aAmT7EALw_wcB

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Nice pickup, how did you identify the jacket as California Sportwear?
I like the pocket layout

This one has the Californian label and I have seen others.

upload_2021-12-15_11-12-9.jpeg

I hate to say it but I think the window on Chrome Hearts closed in 2003:rolleyes:

Load up Grailed, just click on the search tab and you'll see that the first suggestion in the search drop-down menu will be Rick Owens and the second Chrome Hearts. And that's just the search - They also got CH featured in the "Curated Collection" list at this very second AND a new, rehashed article from just a few days ago, which means people are searching for it like mad. CH is the most popular brand at this moment just about anywhere, hyped to death by rap stars and such and everything you got up to 2015 has literally tripled in prices. Belt I got was regularly sold for $750 in 2018 & it's over $2K at this moment. It's pretty insane. I'm trying to grab a few pieces from sources that still hadn't caught up with the hype and quickly move some pieces but I really dig the belt and the bracelet, which I intend to keep.

I think we're good another year or two as this junk is hypin' in China rn but after that, we'll see. I don't think the prices will ever go back to what they were a few years back. Hadn't happen with many niche jacket brands, let alone with a company as big as CH.

The only difference from 2003 is that there's this sorta thing going on right now called Chrome Wars, with older fans dedicated to jewelry and leathers, hating on new junk they're releasing for thousands of monies, such as hoodies and Levi's jeans with crosses but regardless, they're definitely in demand right now.

Load up Grailed, just click on the search tab and you'll see that the first suggestion in the search drop-down menu will be Rick Owens and the second Chrome Hearts. And that's just the search - They also got CH featured in the "Curated Collection" list at this very second AND a new, rehashed article from just a few days ago, which means people are searching for it like mad. CH is the most popular brand at this moment just about anywhere, hyped to death by rap stars and such and everything you got up to 2015 has literally tripled in prices. Belt I got was regularly sold for $750 in 2018 & it's over $2K at this moment. It's pretty insane. I'm trying to grab a few pieces from sources that still hadn't caught up with the hype and quickly move some pieces but I really dig the belt and the bracelet, which I intend to keep.

I think we're good another year or two as this junk is hypin' in China rn but after that, we'll see. I don't think the prices will ever go back to what they were a few years back. Hadn't happen with many niche jacket brands, let alone with a company as big as CH.

The only difference from 2003 is that there's this sorta thing going on right now called Chrome Wars, with older fans dedicated to jewelry and leathers, hating on new junk they're releasing for thousands of monies, such as hoodies and Levi's jeans with crosses but regardless, they're definitely in demand right now.
Most of those listings are so old! I have a feeling it’s a bunch of people trying to get out of a bad decision. Reminds me of a pricier trendy brand like Ed Hardy or Von Dutch. Stay off Grailed. That site should just call it as it is and drop the “G”.

BlueSteel

One of the Regulars
Most of those listings are so old! I have a feeling it’s a bunch of people trying to get out of a bad decision. Reminds me of a pricier trendy brand like Ed Hardy or Von Dutch. Stay off Grailed. That site should just call it as it is and drop the “G”.

I admit I don't know anything about CH, but I was just thinking that it does somewhat remind me of the stuff I wore playing in my band between 2005-2009...Ed Hardy, Affliction, etc. Lots of crosses, skulls, roses, and so on. Wore it and loved it at the time - badass stuff. But sent it all to donate around 2010. My personal style preferences are a bit more conservative now.

Priciest ones are old but stuff sells. I mean, never forget...
https://www.grailed.com/listings/11647465-chrome-hearts-chrome-hearts-silver-plunger
I already got interest for the belt buckle, before I even bought it. I posted it to FB for authenticity check and couple of dudes DM'd me how much I paid and if I'd be interested to move it.

We'll see. Hunting and flipping is where the excitement lies. Besides, I need to do something about my summer game! Plus it's a really gorgeous belt buckle and I've been looking for one for 10 years. I'm sick and tired of the boring heritage square buckle belts & they aren't even that much cheaper, considering how crappy they all look.

Meanwhile...

Capture34.png

Capture.png

Capture2.png

I admit I don't know anything about CH, but I was just thinking that it does somewhat remind me of the stuff I wore playing in my band between 2005-2009...Ed Hardy, Affliction, etc. Lots of crosses, skulls, roses, and so on. Wore it and loved it at the time - badass stuff. But sent it all to donate around 2010. My personal style preferences are a bit more conservative now.
Yeah I think that whole look has become very passé or cliche here in the US, and has been for nearly 20 years. Kind a like of like True religion jeans, which cost then, what a pair of IH jeans will run you today, despite the True Religions being vastly inferior in every single measurable way imaginable. But you did get to wear a chandelier across your ass…which is nice.

Priciest ones are old but stuff sells. I mean, never forget...
https://www.grailed.com/listings/11647465-chrome-hearts-chrome-hearts-silver-plunger
I already got interest for the belt buckle, before I even bought it. I posted it to FB for authenticity check and couple of dudes DM'd me how much I paid and if I'd be interested to move it.

We'll see. Hunting and flipping is where the excitement lies. Besides, I need to do something about my summer game! Plus it's a really gorgeous belt buckle and I've been looking for one for 10 years. I'm sick and tired of the boring heritage square buckle belts & they aren't even that much cheaper, considering how crappy they all look.

Meanwhile...

Capture34.png

Capture.png

Capture2.png
Just get the stuff you can get for cheap I’d say, if you really like it.

BlueSteel

One of the Regulars
Yeah I think that whole look has become very passé or cliche here in the US, and has been for nearly 20 years. Kind a like of like True religion jeans, which cost then, what a pair of IH jeans will run you today, despite the True Religions being vastly inferior in every single measurable way imaginable. But you did get to wear a chandelier across your ass…which is nice.

Lol - I had (still have maybe?) a pair of Rock & Republic jeans that say "Rock" in purple stitching across the ass pockets. Nearly new condition because even 15 years ago I kinda thought they were over the top so I never wore them. I might still have them buried in the back of a storage closet...anyone interested? :)

Last edited:
Lol - I had (still have maybe?) a pair of Rock & Republic jeans that say "Rock" in purple stitching across the ass pockets. Nearly new condition because even 15 years ago I kinda thought they were over the top so I never wore them. I might still have them buried in the back of a storage closet...anyone interested? :)

I don't see this as any less out of cliche than cuffed jeans, plaid shirts and motorcycle leather jackets but there exist weirdos still wearing that stuff. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy