How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Monitor

Monitor

I've actually had the exact same conversation several times with my friends. From how the jacket changed my life to them trying to guess the price.

El Marro and ton312 like this.
  2. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

That is my experience as well. I see each new jacket as something special and unique (at least for a couple weeks until I find the next one), whereas my friends only see dollar signs...

3. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

Well, the order is finally in for my Aero Sheene. I've ordered the Dark Seal Vicenza but part of me still thinks Seal may be the way to go. This one has been a long time coming...probably should have been my second jacket but others would always pop up just as I was about to order and distract me. Hopefully it looks as good on me as they do on @Fanch @dan_t and @mowgli222

Has anyone received a Dark Seal jacket recently? The newer Dark Seal Vicenza does look more brown in pictures than the old batch that was virtually black. I don't mind a dark brown but definitely want it to look brown.

ton312 and Fonzie like this.
  4. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Just found one of these in my size on the bay. Had to. :)
    IMG_3920.JPG

ton312, red devil, A-1 and 4 others like this.
  5. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

^ Super Cool! Wish I had the huevos.

El Marro and nick123 like this.
  6. A-1

A-1 One Too Many

I have nothing in the making and nothing I luster about. Except for seeing all your crazy cool jackets coming!

And Super, you should wear your beautiful leather jackets all the time, so everyone can see them. I mean seriously, those are meant to be worn and to be seen by the public and by us, of course. I would love to see the evolution of your jackets with your already perfect fit. They’ll look super awesome with some moulding and wear, I promise you!

And red devil, it’s not a problem for a well-made leather jacket to be put in a overhead compartment. My J-21 travelled with me on some flights already, no problem.

Come on boys, these are leather jackets and they’re made to be worn. So wear them, please!

7. A-1

A-1 One Too Many

I wanna seeeeeeee this!!!

8. lina

lina Practically Family

One incoming from Ebay, a Kehoe cafe racer. If it fits, it will be my spring riding jacket:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

I was being too cautious, a reminder of the times I used to wear fashion leather jackets, I know I have a dirty past :D
    That being said, I can say that I wear a leather jacket every day as long as it's not too hot!

A-1 likes this.
  10. crimsonofsam

crimsonofsam One of the Regulars

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crappy images but here is the new arrival. 3oz naked goatskin M-200 with a few mods here and there. It's going to be close to 80 degrees here the next couple of days so I guess I'll just stare at it in my closet.

11. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Which is exactly why I stopped buying for a while. Then, lack of spare cash helped me fulfill this stupid goal ;)

navetsea, ProteinNerd and A-1 like this.
  12. ProteinNerd

If the weather would cooperate, I'd be happy to oblige [emoji12]

A-1 likes this.
  13. Monitor

Monitor

I honestly don't know what else to get...

14. ProteinNerd

A jacket with a "real" collar?

Guppy, Edward, A-1 and 7 others like this.
  15. ton312

ton312

LOL! That's like superman without his cape. Bizarro Monitor.
    I'm not one to talk. I'll soon be looking at four of arguably the exact same jacket. It's a sickness...at this point I just embrace it. Let the freak flag fly.

A-1, El Marro, navetsea and 2 others like this.
  16. Monitor

Monitor

I've tried that once and I'm still having nightmares...

Exactly! Plus, there are so many kinds of mandarin collar, they're not all the same. Totally justify getting different jackets.

But TBH, I'd love to have a jacket with the gigantic 70's collar.

A-1, red devil, plainsman and 3 others like this.
  17. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

A jacket that can not alternatively be used for protection during a medieval sword fight. :p

A-1, Monitor, red devil and 4 others like this.
  18. willyto

willyto One Too Many

Funny thing is that most of the vintage leather jackets I've handled were a lot lighter, soft and comfortable than modern ones and they can handle everything while most modern ones are as thick as armor or boot leather and people are afraid to wear them to death.

Edward, A-1, red devil and 2 others like this.
  19. technovox

technovox One Too Many

Love those vintage Kehoes! I've found that the steerhide on Kehoes takes on some of the most supple, softest patina. Enjoy!

lina likes this.
  20. Monitor

Monitor

I take it there aren't many medieval sword fights in California, 'cause here, man...