Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
@ton312, you will like this one. right up your alley, and mine

Got a Vintage Wooly half-belt coming in from LA, Hollywood label. No pictures until it arrives. Found by accident while looking at another jacket for a forum member. The member ended up buying the leather which looked quite nice and fortunately too small for me

I'm thinking the Wooly will fit me and my collection.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Another Vanson en route. Two good old school finds this week. Though I still have two in closet I need to post to classifieds! Ah the sickness

vanson.jpeg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I have a bunch of my Spiegel pics I can share. I'd be very interested in knowing who made it for them. I went through the three Spiegel catalogs that at @born113 shared but did not see the motorcycle jacket.

Reactions: Zoo

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Schott USS20, obviously the European version of the 740 which costs a fortune at this end. Wanted to have a more rugged version as an addition to my Armor Lux Peacoat cause the outer fabric of the woolen Cap Sizun is a little sensitive and possibly lighter. Maybe I’ll pick up a 740 next stay in US. Will see how it works, no risk ordering online.

https://www.schott-store.com/fr_en/uss20.html

uss20__dark-navy__p3_4.jpg

hjv2

Familiar Face
Schott USS20, obviously the European version of the 740 which costs a fortune at this end. Wanted to have a more rugged version as an addition to my Armor Lux Peacoat cause the outer fabric of the woolen Cap Sizun is a little sensitive and possibly lighter. Maybe I’ll pick up a 740 next stay in US. Will see how it works, no risk ordering online.

Nice one. I have the Cyclone 2, an European version as well. A great coat for a great price. The European versions don't use as thick wool as the US ones but the cuts are more modern and tailored which work better for my frame than the boxy US fit.

Zoo

One of the Regulars
I like A2 jackets, but I also like hand warmer pockets, so I was on the lookout for a postwar civilian style jacket.

I took a punt on this Californian in horsehide.
IMG_20220203_093457711.jpg

So far so good. It could be an inch longer in the sleeves and body. The leather is stiff, as mentioned by the seller, but doesn't feel dry or crunchy.
It needs a good vacuum to get dust off, and the Serval zip could use a good waxing, so no fit pics yet. Knit replacement is down the road.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here

uss20__dark-navy__p3_4.jpg

Tried it…First thing to experience opening the box is a slight chemical smell. Fabric is quite heavy and feels OK at first grip. Throwing it over with just a T-Shirt it runs very tight around shoulders and especially arms…at 3XL…indeed very European cut, as almost expected, too tight for me. Unthinkable to wear anything thicker than a T-Shirt in it.
So if a Schott, it has obviously to be an US cut for me. Also don’t like the stretchy wear overly. => Return to sender.
Ordered additionally a second Armor Lux, black one this time, at similar size and price tag. Fits with an Aero Submariner as planned. Pure, un-stretchy wool fabric, shoulder and sleeves width for (sea)men, metal buttons, slightly lighter. => Will keep this one and try out the US sized 740 once I visit USofA again one sunny day.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I'm worried about that. Trust me LOL. Assuming I like the style, I'll be on the prowl for one in our classifieds.

I have one in navy (Size XL) that I hardly ever wear. It´s great (as evidenced by many reviews here on TFL), but for me it has been the gateway to RMC. :)
Just let me know if you´re interested. I´m not in a hurry to sell, but it would be the "smart" thing to do. Might be a hair big on you if layering is not an option in your climate.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I have one in navy (Size XL) that I hardly ever wear. It´s great (as evidenced by many reviews here on TFL), but for me it has been the gateway to RMC. :)
Just let me know if you´re interested. I´m not in a hurry to sell, but it would be the "smart" thing to do. Might be a hair big on you if layering is not an option in your climate.
Thanks, Tom. yeah, I think I will be a Large. Interesting you went from IH to RMC. I hear many going the other way. I think the pocket configuration is higher on the RMC, and the IH is in a more natural position. I don't know. Splitting very fine hairs when you start talking about those two brands, can't really go wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points