Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Tom. yeah, I think I will be a Large. Interesting you went from IH to RMC. I hear many going the other way. I think the pocket configuration is higher on the RMC, and the IH is in a more natural position. I don't know. Splitting very fine hairs when you start talking about those two brands, can't really go wrong.

No, you’re absolutely right. The IH is the “better jacket” in many aspects (nicer outer fabric, useful details like inside pockets and snap closures on hand warmers etc.).
It’s just that the IH is a generic “jacket inspired by a deck jacket” (although a very cool one), and the RMC is more or less a repro. I just find it a bit cooler. Since I have it, I don’t grab the IH any more. I live in a four season climate, but I hardly need two deck jackets in addition too the shearling and the wool coats.

I also think you will be able two pull off a “Large“. You won’t need much layering, and I am more or less in between sizes.

Fit pic.

7905E4F9-3215-4179-9DA4-8651E08194C8.jpeg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 400065
Damn that looks sweet. You’re almost making me question my leather choice (I ordered a Thedi two weeks ago). Do you want to share more details like what model you went with?

Thedi makes the best cossack on the market imo. I'm going for this MTC-C1279406 in tan buffalo with a slightly different patch pocket design.

Choosing the leather and finish for a Thedi is the hardest part of the ordering process because the options are plentiful and they're all so damn nice :) I opted for the washed and waxed finish but seeing this untreated hide makes me second gues my choice.

Which style are your going for?

D09ECF00-B0B8-4A92-85DD-6D01D0BF8331.jpeg
FDA624D0-B6C9-43C0-98FD-33AEF637C93D.jpeg

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 400065

Thedi makes the best cossack on the market imo. I'm going for this MTC-C1279406 in tan buffalo with a slightly different patch pocket design.

Choosing the leather and finish for a Thedi is the hardest part of the ordering process because the options are plentiful and they're all so damn nice :) I opted for the washed and waxed finish but seeing this untreated hide makes me second gues my choice.

Which style are your going for?

View attachment 400248 View attachment 400249

I’ve ordered this one: https://thedi-leathers.com/product/mtc-1279318/
In a burgundy brucciato horsehide. Exactly the same as @Salmosalar has, it just looked so nice and the sample Theodoros sent me of the brucciato was out of this world.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
That brucciato hide is really special - I would put it right up there with the Lewis vegtan cow and just above both Shinki and Badalassi…you won't be disappointed!

I haven’t handled any of those leathers. But I can tell you that the sample I have of the brucciato smells lovely and it has a very very premium feel to it. Really top notch stuff.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I've just picked up this weird Vanson from Buyee.
It looks like a variation of the Boston Police jacket, what was interresting to me was that most seams are french stitched and the armholes are tripple stitched, neither of these things are usual on a Vanson.
HAs anybody got info on this?

Sbvy3oV.jpg

IR71eLx.jpg

oCTARRZ.jpg

I have always admired the Travel Mate especially in grey. This is the nicest one I have seen. I have been temped but the jackets always had issues. This examples looks pristine. Congratulations.
The clear picture is from my archive. The pictures of my jacket lacked lighting but after some messages with the seller, it is in tip top shape also. A size 48 with my measurements at a great price so I jumped on it. Fingers crossed. I do like the steerhide HD used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav