Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Happened to hop on Yahoo Japan auctions tonight… big mistake.

Spotted the Buzz Rickson's B-15C/MA-1 jacket made in commemoration of Toyo's 55th anniversary, at a steep reduction, with the auction closing tomorrow, so I jumped on it.

I own and love a William Gibson black MA-1 from Buzz, and was hoping at some point to supplement that with the issued sage green shade, and perhaps a B-15 down the line. So this reversible jacket that is an accurate mid-50s B-15 on one side and an accurate late 50s MA-1 on the other kills two birds with one stone. With my existing MA-1 as a reference point for the nylon and liner's bulk, I knew the sizing would work, too.

BR_image_20201005_003.jpg

Plus, the Buzz Rickson's decal is actually a bonus because it won't seem like I'm trying to pass myself off as a USAF veteran (as the USAF decal might have).

red devil

Love this jacket. Have been a big fan of East West-style jackets for a long time. Love that early-70s rock star vibe. Great colour, too.

Thanks! When I noticed I could fit in it, I got it immediately. I would like to find someone reliable who could repro the East West jackets. They have a lot of interesting models!

South Paradiso has been out of business for a while

Aloysius

I would like to find someone reliable who could repro the East West jackets.

Five Star? Their military jackets improved at a very fast rate because the mil collectors kept sending them vintage jackets to study.

I don't think that 'our side' has been doing that quite as much, but it would be quite easy given vintage civi jackets (that are not 'hot' items due to a film or pop culture or collecting trend) are still very accessible.

red devil

Five Star? Their military jackets improved at a very fast rate because the mil collectors kept sending them vintage jackets to study.

I don't think that 'our side' has been doing that quite as much, but it would be quite easy given vintage civi jackets (that are not 'hot' items due to a film or pop culture or collecting trend) are still very accessible.

My first order with Five Star was the East West smoke jacket, didn't turn out well for me. But that was back in the early stages. Makes me wonder if they would do a better job now

Aloysius

My first order with Five Star was the East West smoke jacket, didn't turn out well for me. But that was back in the early stages. Makes me wonder if they would do a better job now

Did you send them an original to study or photo references? They've done decently with some photo based models but I think their best stuff has been from studying vintage in hand.

willyto

One Too Many
I was lurking on Mercari through Buyee and found a Lost Worlds Ryder for around 160€ so I decided to try it. I'm not sure about how this will compare with the ones @red devil and @Carlos840 have but I'm curious to try it and for the money I doubt it can be that bad. It probably is an older model but not sure if it's one of those that are warned against on the website of Lost Worlds. I compared with the Ryder page and couldn't see much difference other than the lack of hanging loop at the neck.

I suppose there were some made for the Japanese market because I have seen some stores sell this particular jacket in different sizes and you can find some Lost Worlds stuff in Yahoo Auctions often.

UkQFZmv.jpg

zVcijvD.jpg

SqXXkhQ.jpg

W3J1vIN.jpg

QYek6Pn.jpg

I'm hoping that it will look as good as this one does: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/ryder-jacket-lost-worlds.89735/

I was lurking on Mercari through Buyee and found a Lost Worlds Ryder for around 160€ so I decided to try it. I'm not sure about how this will compare with the ones @red devil and @Carlos840 have but I'm curious to try it and for the money I doubt it can be that bad. It probably is an older model but not sure if it's one of those that are warned against on the website of Lost Worlds. I compared with the Ryder page and couldn't see much difference other than the lack of hanging loop at the neck.

I suppose there were some made for the Japanese market because I have seen some stores sell this particular jacket in different sizes and you can find some Lost Worlds stuff in Yahoo Auctions often.

UkQFZmv.jpg

zVcijvD.jpg

SqXXkhQ.jpg

W3J1vIN.jpg

QYek6Pn.jpg

I'm hoping that it will look as good as this one does: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/ryder-jacket-lost-worlds.89735/
Patically free LW and the best pattern Stu offers! That's insane!

MrProper

So annoying... the new jacket has since arrived at my local sorting facility, but I'm not allowed to pick it up myself. Tomorrow will not be delivered and from Monday I'm on the road. I.e. I have to wait until Thursday... so sad.
First world problems. ;)
I have a dim fear that this jacket will become my absolute favorite and the other jackets will suffer because they will be worn less. lol
Let's see if I will sell the Field Leathers No 1.

36524260-5A57-479A-B969-81E44F6C5DFE.jpeg
2F1E07DF-6135-46B8-BB41-EA9864F91CEF.jpeg

born113

One of the Regulars
I have a dim fear that this jacket will become my absolute favorite and the other jackets will suffer because they will be worn less. lol
Let's see if I will sell the Field Leathers No 1.

View attachment 402844 View attachment 402845
The leather looks very attractive.

In parallel with all my today's orders for jackets, I was constantly looking for the leather and style of the jacket that I had 20-25 years ago. I thought for a long time that my jacket was made from a cowhide. But now I'm more and more inclined to think that the jacket was made from such a sheep as in your photo.

red devil

Did you send them an original to study or photo references? They've done decently with some photo based models but I think their best stuff has been from studying vintage in hand.

It was based off pictures with a very detailed set of measurements. The whole process is somewhere in thir big thread here. Getting a vintage smoke would be difficult and very expensive.

MrProper

I know I've probably looked and missed it ........ What model Lewis is this ?

Cheers

Simon
Corsair No 60

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner