Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was lurking on Mercari through Buyee and found a Lost Worlds Ryder for around 160€ so I decided to try it. I'm not sure about how this will compare with the ones @red devil and @Carlos840 have but I'm curious to try it and for the money I doubt it can be that bad. It probably is an older model but not sure if it's one of those that are warned against on the website of Lost Worlds. I compared with the Ryder page and couldn't see much difference other than the lack of hanging loop at the neck.

I suppose there were some made for the Japanese market because I have seen some stores sell this particular jacket in different sizes and you can find some Lost Worlds stuff in Yahoo Auctions often.

UkQFZmv.jpg

zVcijvD.jpg

SqXXkhQ.jpg

W3J1vIN.jpg

QYek6Pn.jpg

I'm hoping that it will look as good as this one does: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/ryder-jacket-lost-worlds.89735/
That looks very much like the Ryder that Stu made me a couple years back, I think you did well on this one!

red devil

While this style is not my cup of tea that hide is just absolutely drop dead gorgeous. I REALLY love that color. Cool pull on the lapel pocket as well!

I selected the colour on the pantone reference card and the tannery got very close :D

Curious to see the pull in hand!
This looks fantastic! is this your first Moosehide jacket?
Can you describe how this hide compares to horsehide in terms of wearability? I know that’s a very open ended question but just in general terms …

No, my first moosehide jacket was made from the initial and only batch LW ordered a few years ago. It is the Trojan in a green and navy combination.
You can see it here

I loved that hide so much that I kept looking for ways to get it, until I ordered this batch in dark gray with a bluish tinge (best way I can describe the shade)

Moose hide is very similar to deerskin if you had it in hand. Only it has an even softer tough, feathery. Especially this one as it is not printed or heavily processed. It is also very soft and drapes amzingly well. And it is much heavier, my Trojan was my heaviest jacket for a long time. I suspect this Leathertogs B will be in the 4kg range.

So the difference is that in HH, especially HH in this weight, you feel you are wearing an armour. But with moose you feel you are enveloped in soft cocoon and it is very confortable.

But it is also much harder to work on. HH is firm, moose is very spongy while being heavy, a nightmare for the machinist.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I selected the colour on the pantone reference card and the tannery got very close :D

Curious to see the pull in hand!

No, my first moosehide jacket was made from the initial and only batch LW ordered a few years ago. It is the Trojan in a green and navy combination.
You can see it here

I loved that hide so much that I kept looking for ways to get it, until I ordered this batch in dark gray with a bluish tinge (best way I can describe the shade)

Moose hide is very similar to deerskin if you had it in hand. Only it has an even softer tough, feathery. Especially this one as it is not printed or heavily processed. It is also very soft and drapes amzingly well. And it is much heavier, my Trojan was my heaviest jacket for a long time. I suspect this Leathertogs B will be in the 4kg range.

So the difference is that in HH, especially HH in this weight, you feel you are wearing an armour. But with moose you feel you are enveloped in soft cocoon and it is very confortable.

But it is also much harder to work on. HH is firm, moose is very spongy while being heavy, a nightmare for the machinist.
Thanks for the description, much appreciated. I’m thinking of moosehide for my next jacket, maybe an A2 style.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
That should work! Which colour?

Edit: where are you getting the moose from?
Edit: I’m considering a Himel Bros Excelsior. He just got in a shipment of Canadian Buffalo in black and cork colors.

I took a look again this morning at the email and it’s not moosehide, its Buffalo. I hope it has similar qualities to what you describe.

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I was lurking on Mercari through Buyee and found a Lost Worlds Ryder for around 160€ so I decided to try it. I'm not sure about how this will compare with the ones @red devil and @Carlos840 have but I'm curious to try it and for the money I doubt it can be that bad. It probably is an older model but not sure if it's one of those that are warned against on the website of Lost Worlds. I compared with the Ryder page and couldn't see much difference other than the lack of hanging loop at the neck.

I suppose there were some made for the Japanese market because I have seen some stores sell this particular jacket in different sizes and you can find some Lost Worlds stuff in Yahoo Auctions often.

UkQFZmv.jpg

zVcijvD.jpg

SqXXkhQ.jpg

W3J1vIN.jpg

QYek6Pn.jpg

I'm hoping that it will look as good as this one does: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/ryder-jacket-lost-worlds.89735/

Congrats dude, i don't think you have anythign to worry about, it looks like a greta jacket.
Fit pics when it arrives please.

red devil

Edit: I’m considering a Himel Bros Excelsior. He just got in a shipment of Canadian Buffalo in black and cork colors.

I took a look again this morning at the email and it’s not moosehide, its Buffalo. I hope it has similar qualities to what you describe.

The buffalo jacket I have is stiff, but I have handles much softer ones. Best you ask Himel directly how the buffalo hide compares to your jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points