Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Californian is what I associate with real classics for reasons I do not understand.
Prompt me please. Where can I order a copy (embroidery) of such a label?

Yes, that label is associated with quality. Produce quality leather outerwear for nearly 50 years. Now I understand why so many aftermarket makers use their label. They understand what it means

Buy a garmet with the label

born113

One of the Regulars
If you did not want to answer the question, you could not respond. I won't bother you anymore :)

He did answer the question. Buy a garment with the label. Some of their jackets are styles that are relatively inexpensive. Original is the way to go imo.

I’m trying to do the same with a 50s HD label- but they had much fewer styles and all are expensive.

born113

One of the Regulars
He did answer the question. Buy a garment with the label. Some of their jackets are styles that are relatively inexpensive. Original is the way to go imo.

I’m trying to do the same with a 50s HD label- but they had much fewer styles and all are expensive.
I asked my question in exactly the same words, perhaps the most authoritative American manufacturer of reproductions of jackets with this label. And without too much text, he gave me the contact of the one who makes these labels. Some kind of miracle. In short, I already found what I was looking for. Thanks.

EP71

New in Town
Hi guys, new to the Forum.This is my last acquisition.
I know that some of you do not like the so called "luxury brand jacket " but I think this one have a good balance between classic style and fashion look.

Attachments

• DSCN1956 2.jpeg
    DSCN1956 2.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCN1960.jpeg
    DSCN1960.jpeg
    233.4 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCN1964.jpeg
    DSCN1964.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 54

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I asked my question in exactly the same words, perhaps the most authoritative American manufacturer of reproductions of jackets with this label. And without too much text, he gave me the contact of the one who makes these labels. Some kind of miracle. In short, I already found what I was looking for. Thanks.
Have you asked about minimum order quantity?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

I never intended to offend you with my comments; "buy a garment". That is the Best way to own an original label.

I have purchasesed several original garments just to get the label, just to get a zipper. I have "basket cases" because they fit a historical context. I have purchased numerous jackets just to study/document so I can be a better informed buyer and seller.

I have been postive about all your comments. You have a genuine interest in the history/context of the jackets..We have the same interest.

I'm happy you found a source for the label. I did not have one.

barnabus

One Too Many
I've got another leather trucker incoming. Looked pretty nice from the seller's photos but who knows?

It's nothing special, just from Gap. But tbh, I think Gap have produced some really nice items over the years: there's an eye for detail and quality manufacture in some of their stuff that surpasses what you might expect. I had a Sherpa denim trucker of theirs that I beat to death daily for actual years and I could not have been more pleased with something from IH or Levi's or wherever.

I might start a "jackets that have no business being as good as they are, for the money" thread, even.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Hi guys, new to the Forum.This is my last acquisition.
I know that some of you do not like the so called "luxury brand jacket " but I think this one have a good balance between classic style and fashion look.
Officine Generale makes some nice looking stuff.
I still have my Prada from maybe 15/20 years ago and 40 lbs over weight. Sheepskin is great for elasticity. Still in my closet among all the horses and other animals.

IMG_4876.jpg

I've got another leather trucker incoming. Looked pretty nice from the seller's photos but who knows?

It's nothing special, just from Gap. But tbh, I think Gap have produced some really nice items over the years: there's an eye for detail and quality manufacture in some of their stuff that surpasses what you might expect. I had a Sherpa denim trucker of theirs that I beat to death daily for actual years and I could not have been more pleased with something from IH or Levi's or wherever.

I might start a "jackets that have no business being as good as they are, for the money" thread, even.

Good idea for thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ