Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The rounded tip collars lived on in California
Image1.jpg

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Just got this vintage (seller claimed it was made late 70s era) unissued Canadian Army surplus extreme weather parka! It didn't come with the liner, so it's more of an in-between coat. I bought it to replace my old Eddie Bauer coat, which had sadly begun coming apart after almost 15 years of wearing it.

First off: WHY is military sizing so weird? I'd read that these can be big, so I went a size down from my normal size, and it's still oversized. I could have probably gotten away with a medium, or maybe even a small. It's like wearing a pup tent. My old M65 has the same problem: WAY oversized. But other than the sizing, I really do like the coat. The wired hood is cool as wind knocking about my hood has always been an issue where I live. And I love that GIANT oversized pockets. I loved my old EB coat for the fact that I could fit a journal, or small book in the pocket. This thing, though, can fit the whole dictionary! They're huge! In all, the sleeves don't go past my fingertips, so I've had worse fitting army surplus wear. My old M65 was so bad, I had to roll the sleeves up a few times.
6G8jTKp.png

D3Ub9ho.jpg

1qK471Y.jpg

n3NXc4s.jpg

ojaw

A-List Customer
Just got this vintage (seller claimed it was made late 70s era) unissued Canadian Army surplus extreme weather parka! It didn't come with the liner, so it's more of an in-between coat. I bought it to replace my old Eddie Bauer coat, which had sadly begun coming apart after almost 15 years of wearing it.

First off: WHY is military sizing so weird? I'd read that these can be big, so I went a size down from my normal size, and it's still oversized. I could have probably gotten away with a medium, or maybe even a small. It's like wearing a pup tent. My old M65 has the same problem: WAY oversized. But other than the sizing, I really do like the coat. The wired hood is cool as wind knocking about my hood has always been an issue where I live. And I love that GIANT oversized pockets. I loved my old EB coat for the fact that I could fit a journal, or small book in the pocket. This thing, though, can fit the whole dictionary! They're huge! In all, the sleeves don't go past my fingertips, so I've had worse fitting army surplus wear. My old M65 was so bad, I had to roll the sleeves up a few times.
6G8jTKp.png

D3Ub9ho.jpg

1qK471Y.jpg

n3NXc4s.jpg
My current winter jacket is an older version of that, with hood being lined with wool along with a few other differences. Probably much rougher shape, though I only paid $50 CAD.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Interested in fit pics. I had difficulty sizing the roughwear.

What was the issue? I’m a 46” chest with ‘swimmers shoulders’.
Years ago I purchased the RW in a size 46 and after years of ownership eventually admitted it was too snug and moved it on.

Replaced it with a russett Monarch contract in a 48 that actually fits well.

Liking the seal brown of the RW too, I popped down to ELC a few days back, tried on a RW 48 and placed an order, about 5 weeks to go.

I found the HPA site invaluable for researching A-2 fits, Charles kindly measured up the stock on his site. Monarch & RW were both fairly generous in the upper body measurement.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
What was the issue? I’m a 46” chest with ‘swimmers shoulders’.
Years ago I purchased the RW in a size 46 and after years of ownership eventually admitted it was too snug and moved it on.

Replaced it with a russett Monarch contract in a 48 that actually fits well.

Liking the seal brown of the RW too, I popped down to ELC a few days back, tried on a RW 48 and placed an order, about 5 weeks to go.

I found the HPA site invaluable for researching A-2 fits, Charles kindly measured up the stock on his site. Monarch & RW were both fairly generous in the upper body measurement.
EF0267A8-01D2-44E5-B87E-229CC571156C.jpeg

Sleeve and body length good. Chest and forearms too tight. Going up one size prob would have worked. Imho slim A2s look great but are tough to live in.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 407339
Sleeve and body length good. Chest and forearms too tight. Going up one size prob would have worked. Imho slim A2s look great but are tough to live in.
Looks really good on you. My 46 was always picking up compliments but was restrictive & felt like a straitjacket zipped up, the size up to a 48 certainly worked with the Monarch which allows for a light sweater underneath. That seal hide on your RW is stunning.

Fit pics regardless!

Not happening. It's not a good sight. Either I lose weight or sell them. And get a trucker jacket.

It's cool to see someone from Winnipeg here. My entire family lives in Winnipeg and are tryna get me to move there as well but I live in Europe so I'm reluctant.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk