Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

ojaw

A-List Customer

Attachments

• 0B45782E-58F8-4F61-BC1C-A607645964B1.jpeg
    0B45782E-58F8-4F61-BC1C-A607645964B1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 146
Posted previously, but here it is.

It's not about the jacket per se, just the fact that these makers seem legit incapable of coming up an original idea anymore, rehashing the same old styles, originally produced by makers that charged 10 times less for them - Such as Lee.

Also, I still strongly stand by my belief that suede, being a by-product, doesn't justify such high pricing. If it was a rough-out, that'd be another story but this. . .

Other than that, there's of course nothing inherently bad about a Lee trucker style this jacket is a direct, 1/1 ripoff of. Something they sort of acknowledge, at least.

There is, however, something very bad going on here. The button always goes on the tip of the triangle. If a mass-produced Lee got it right, Double Helix should've as well.

I've no OCD but this does bother me.

DSCF1344-Square_3000x.jpg

That said, I may be a bit bored with the lack of imagination these pricey makers suffer from but Storm Rider by Lee is a beautiful, beautiful trucker that can't ever fail and yours fits and looks exceptional, @ojaw.

ojaw

A-List Customer
It's not about the jacket per se, just the fact that these makers seem legit incapable of coming up an original idea anymore, rehashing the same old styles, originally produced by makers that charged 10 times less for them - Such as Lee.

Also, I still strongly stand by my belief that suede, being a by-product, doesn't justify such high pricing. If it was a rough-out, that'd be another story but this. . .

Other than that, there's of course nothing inherently bad about a Lee trucker style this jacket is a direct, 1/1 ripoff of. Something they sort of acknowledge, at least.

There is, however, something very bad going on here. The button always goes on the tip of the triangle. If a mass-produced Lee got it right, Double Helix should've as well.

I've no OCD but this does bother me.

DSCF1344-Square_3000x.jpg
I get that, luckily I’ve had no sense of sartorial history till now…

Al 916

One Too Many
I have no idea if this is any good or indeed if it is the real thing.
s-l1600.jpeg
s-l16002.jpeg
It had a white tab that has been cut off (and the only ref to white I can see are corduroy jackets).

A not too bad price so I will see when it arrives.

Your thoughts, good or not so good always appreciated.

Al
s-l16001.jpeg

Last edited:

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My girlfriend and I drove up to Seattle from the Bay Area for a wedding this weekend. We stopped in Portland our first night and I knew there was no way I was leaving town without a stop at Langlitz.
I must say that the experience surpassed my expectations. we met Scott and Benny and got to see people making jackets right in front of our very eyes. I tried on half a dozen jackets and first it was all Goldilocks: too big or too small. I tried on a Sidewinder with awesome padding throughout and it fit like a glove, except for the sleeves which were about 2 inches short.
After trying on a few jackets I realized that I would be perfectly fine if I didn’t find something I liked there in the store, I have 20 some of them at home after all… I decided to focus on my girlfriend who doesn’t have any proper leather jackets to speak of. Scott sized her up and pulled a couple ladies Cascades off the rack. The first one was too small but the second one fit perfectly, it was on sal for $500 which made it even better.
Once we had her squared away I decided to take one more try at it, I asked Scott if he had anything else hanging back there that he thought would fit me. He pulled out a Columbia with a Cossack collar that fit me almost perfectly, it was also on sale! Just like that we had two leather jackets picked out and purchased.
3ECC5A48-A38D-4981-97B4-42DAEEEB462B.jpeg

All in all it was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend that you check them out in person if you ever get the chance. Fit pics coming soon!

Damon141

Practically Family
For this style (and availability everywhere) $1150 is way too much. For under $100 I’m just as happy with my Gap version.
Took the words out of my mouth. I feel the sane way about these trucker jackets. Clearly the same amount of work goes into making these as other jackets but i couldn’t tell anyone a reason but I just can’t see a reason to pay crazy amounts for these like the Japanese brands.
I do like the style it’s growing on me so I might give it a shot with 5 Star and if I end up wearing it more Aero makes a nice one in my eyes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk