Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

I had a heavy, brown pair in suede, 5 pocket setup, that I wore a couple of winters. Just barely felt like leather and nobody ever noticed they weren't textile. I got bored with them though as I'm not a fan of suede and switched to regular leather since but they're really nice to wear during those cold, winter months. Very warm and comfortable... Best part is, I would just toss them in the washing machine every once in a while to clean them up.

Thinking about it now, I kind of miss them but I sold 'em to some biker guy who really needed a pair of good leather pants for riding. This is his bike. He said it's his only mean of transportation whole year, winter or summer. Certainly looks like it...

20210120-154725.jpg

Edward

Bartender
I've seen motorcycle trews done in roughout quite recently. I can seem them appealing to anyone who wants the characteristics of leather but with a more toned down look. On a practical level, what would concern me would be that you lose the 'wipe clean' practicality of leather with the smooth side out, and if they do get a stain / dirt, you're into an expensive cleaning bill.

torfjord

One Too Many

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
We should all be queing up for re-makes of @torfjord’s 5* Wrangler instead.
I had the opportunity to handle @torfjord 5* wrangler. Even though the jacket as a whole was better than I expected, I was not impressed by the leather, which looked rather dull to me. I think it's the 'premium' seal goat? Nowhere near as nice as the goatskins I've handled from Aero or makers like cockpit USA or Avirex. There's 0 color depth. Exactly the kind of leather you'd expect from a mall jacket. Just my two cents.

torfjord

One Too Many
I had the opportunity to handle @torfjord 5* wrangler. Even though the jacket as a whole was better than I expected, I was not impressed by the leather, which looked rather dull to me. I think it's the 'premium' seal goat? Nowhere near as nice as the goatskins I've handled from Aero or makers like cockpit USA or Avirex. There's 0 color depth. Exactly the kind of leather you'd expect from a mall jacket. Just my two cents.

I agree, that’s my main gripe with my 5*, the colour is dull as hell. I think the premium goat has pretty nice grain, but yeah the colour is not great. I haven’t returned to 5* for that reason along with their inferior sleeve patterns.

ojaw

One of the Regulars
Well, I certainly have been put in my place, I have that jacket.
The leather is possibly the best thing about it; a thinnish, easy wearing HH that smells beautiful and (to my eye) looks rich. Somebody mentioned the length? Mine in a size 38 is 23” long. I hated the cupro that it came lined with and ripped it out, now it’s infinitely more comfortable to wear, and no, it’s not a huge challenge to put on and take off. It gets dirty easily but I don’t mind.
Going in, this was my first foray into leather jackets other than a failed attempt with a couple of 2nd tier Aeros that I sent back. Sizing is the biggest issue for me as I have a small upper body and widish hips that make it a real challenge to find something that fits everywhere. Vansons and such have huge shoulders which would sit at my elbows if I got the right waist size!