Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

TLW '90

Practically Family
Recently I started thinking about the suede vest I had when I was a kid and kind of wanting another one.

I went looking on Ebay, and I just found this Pioneer wear suede vest at a price I couldn't pass up.
For $16+ shipping I can't really loose.

I think it's a pretty cool classic western style.
$_1.jpeg

s-l400 (3).jpg

s-l400 (4).jpg

The snaps are cool looking too, exactly what you'd expect from a vest made in Albuquerque New Mexico.
s-l400 (5).jpg

I've never heard of the brand before, but the price was right and I like cheap thrills.

TLW '90

Practically Family
I did a bit of minor research and found that the pioneer wear trademark was issued in 1948 and expired never to be renewed in 1988.

I'd guess this vest is probably from the 70's.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I saw that one and thought I'd be something for you. $195 great score.

Wait, $195?!? Nice.

Yes I know; but it is old, no lining, too small. Could have other issues; loose threads, wear, etc. With tax and shipping=$245.

I just paid $150+tax,shipping=$195 for this jacket. Fits my sister at 5'2" 120 pounds and it is a man's jacket! I would say this jacket is quite rare for etc. reasons, but no other bidders

I suppose it is a wash; one a good deal, the other not?

Just found this on a google search.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/guiterman-bros-leather-jackets-1910s-and-1920s.72459/

1671385656280.jpeg
1671385676117.jpeg
1671385720750.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

Thank you. Your eye is sharp! It is indeed a Seattle woolen less the lining. The lining on these jackets was seeming delicate when new, not surprising it is lost. The labeled jacket has a much later replacement zipper, which is obvious in size. The unlined jacket has a 40s Talon pull, I can't see the box. Probably a sunrise Talon.

I just sold a Seattle Woolen Pony Hide police jacket with a beautiful hide. This era pony hide they used is quite special. I think more and more about their jackets, where they figure in the grand scheme of things West Coast.

One reason to buy the leather and figure out the name later.

Your discovery makes for a even more interesting jacket.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
These dates are terrible. I've had an item from Canada stuck in customs since the 8th of December. It had already prepaid taxes and all so... not sure what's going on with DHL.

Well my brother just received it, will pick it up this week end.
It shipped on thursday from NYC.

Pays to have a Pro UPS account i guess. ( i sent a label to Stuart from my bro's pro account, he says that's why it goes so fast)

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
^^
UPS in general is pretty good. I once got a jacket in under 24 hours from UK to NJ via UPS Worldwide Express for about $35.

moktabe

One of the Regulars
This arrived today from British Sheepskin.

I went down to Somerset to see Gary (the owner) got measured up etc, had the length reduced to my preference and the pockets lifted almost to where they usually are on a parka and left him with it. In my eyes he's nailed it big style!

B3 style but with the 22mm wool.

C906AEEC-265A-4640-851C-9DE72EF47F2E_1_201_a.jpeg
2404895C-B0D9-4D2A-9B7E-D07FB16FCEF9_1_201_a.jpeg
F156C678-640D-4400-9819-373B2FC3125B_1_201_a.jpeg

TLW '90

Practically Family
I just scored this awesome pioneer wear suede jacket on ebay.
s-l400 (6).jpg

Marc mndt posted his and I instantly fell in love, I saw it and my first thought was Damn that's a gorgeous jacket !
Right away I went on Ebay and found one, after a little enabling from the forum I made an offer that was accepted before I knew it.

It doesn't have hand pockets which I know I'm not going to like as much but I don't care.
I will find a way to make this jacket work for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana