Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

jeo

One Too Many
Beautiful!

Not familiar with dating Waldes zippers but the main zip has a 40’s shape to it.

Sleeve zips?

Looks like a quilt nylon lining which came out around 1950.

But also could be rayon. Quilt rayon linings were used a lot in late 40’s jackets. Buco used rayon well into the 50’s while most other makers switched exclusively to nylon in the 50’s.

I still think late 40’s-early 50’s.

Either way man, it’s an amazing jacket!

cbez

One Too Many
Unmarked both sides
1000018322.jpg

Lining is quilted and padded in the body, then like a black synthetic in the sleeves.

Sweet jacket. The lining in mine has a different pattern and extends into the sleeves. Stitch pattern in patch pocket a bit different - snap is placed over the second line of stitching on the flap. #5 Serval main zip with serval on the stop (same shape as late 40s Talon). Serval sleeve zips.

There should be a size tag in the patch pocket.

Last edited:
No size tag to be found on mine.

Yours is the only other wearable HH Fidelity with the patch pocket that I have seen. And I’ve seen only two with the perfecto style pocket. Those weren’t in the greatest condition but wearable. Nice find for sure.

cbez

One Too Many
Yours is the only other wearable HH Fidelity with the patch pocket that I have seen. And I’ve seen only two with the perfecto style pocket. Those weren’t in the greatest condition but wearable. Nice find for sure.
good to know. I wonder what the production #s were for hh vs steer. never seen one of their period ads.

good to know. I wonder what the production #s were for hh vs steer. never seen one of their period ads.

Me neither. I’d imagine these were made for much fewer years than the steerhide version. Late 40s to some point in the mid 50s? Just a guess. During the war they mostly made their mil jackets. Other than those contracts a small operation. The steerhide jackets starting flowing late 50s or so, based on that new steerhide label recently posted.

How dark is the black on yours? Mine is a deep black. Similar grain.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Me neither. I’d imagine these were made for much fewer years than the steerhide version. Late 40s to some point in the mid 50s? Just a guess. During the war they mostly made their mil jackets. Other than those contracts a small operation. The steerhide jackets starting flowing late 50s or so, based on that new steerhide label recently posted.

How dark is the black on yours? Mine is a deep black. Similar grain.

Given the similarities to the Indian Ranger (except the snap belt) I always figured Fidelity made that (1947-53) and either had the rights to the design immediately or once the Indian run was up.

Given the similarities to the Indian Ranger (except the snap belt) I always figured Fidelity made that (1947-53) and either had the rights to the design immediately or once the Indian run was up.

I’ve seen an IR type jacket with Narragansett label, out of MA too. Need to check my archive. Different maker? I think so. Different HH label.

jeo

One Too Many
That's hot. I've seen a rainbow country version once. I like that back better than the herc back
Thank you.

It’s funny, this is the most basic half belt design (maybe minus sleeve straps) yet no one is really putting out a version of this that knocks it out of the park.

The Aero 50’s HB is best option if you can get it to fit right i.e. no shoulder creases then it’s perfect. The LW Ryder is another if you can fill it out and you don’t mind the reverse drop. Am I forgetting anyone?

Are you referring to the RC highwayman?

cbez

One Too Many
Nope it was exactly like yours with darts at the 'waist' and a single piece back. I think the sleeves were finished like the normal herc though.

WolferlQ3

New in Town
I wanted to have an Aero Leather jacket in Badalassi. As i could´nt decide between Tobacco, Russet and Chestnut - i simply ordered all 3 hides.

Highwayman in Chestnut
Cafe Racer in Tobacco
Bootlegger in Russet

Now the waiting time starts - but i can use the time to get a place in my "full-of-leather-jacket" wardrobe. That will be Aero No. 10-13. I´m a bit crazy

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic