Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Psant25

One Too Many
Finalized the vanson chp order with kim. Great customer service. Minus 2 inches length and plus 1/2 inch sleeve. Otherwise stock configuration. 2-4 month wait begins.

fyi altering the pattern is 75 bucks plus 15 percent upcharge for custom orders. They are running a 10 percent off custom orders next week so she took that off for me. So ill owe like 90 bucks. Original jacket was fit check. shipping to me was free just had to ship back. Pretty smooth process going direct for any takers

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Got my Wool Hercules yesterday.

This guy is in the mail. Several interesting vintage jackets recently, most of which will not fit me. Not too sure about this one, but worth it for the Museum. A Windward from the Golden Years. This one is late 30s. Needs a bit of restoration, but should be worth it. Zipper is toast, but I have an original that should work. The pics needed a bit of tweeking, but think it looks solid.

I think I know the maker of this Windward. Came to me in a Dream. Should know more when in hand.

The leather looks fairly significant in the back picture. Doesn't look to be a light weight.

Check out those wrist straps!

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (12).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (8).jpg

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
No sooner do I sell off four of my jackets than I pick up four more.

In the last two weeks:
  1. TRD Rider jacket. Thread. This one's a keeper.
    s-l1600[1].jpg
  2. Gap Trucker Type III (brown). These Gap branded leather truckers punch well above their weight class, and I got a good price on it. This should be delivered today/tomorrow. If the fit isn't perfect, I may be flipping.
    s-l1600[1].jpg
  3. Levis Trucker Type III (black), was expensive, but it's a keeper; it was delivered two days ago, and it basically ends Trucker Quest for me. Leather is thicker than the typical Levis, and it fits very well.
    s-l1600[1].jpg
  4. Colonial, XL, $50 pickup. Listed at $75, offered $50, instantly accepted. Nice score, I think.
    I liked the look of it. Riri #8 zippers, the front looks close to an M-65 field jacket, leather looks nice, collar is very cool. I've never heard of Colonial, and so my expectations aren't great, but if it's "just" a "mall jacket", for $50 I didn't go wrong. It looks like the zipper pull is on the wearer's left side, which will be a bit of annoyance to me, but otherwise it looks like a pretty sweet jacket. Does anyone know anything about the Colonial brand?
    s-l1600[1].jpg
    s-l1600[1].jpg
    s-l1600[1].jpg
    s-l1600[1].jpg

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Got my Wool Hercules yesterday.

This guy is in the mail. Several interesting vintage jackets recently, most of which will not fit me. Not too sure about this one, but worth it for the Museum. A Windward from the Golden Years. This one is late 30s. Needs a bit of restoration, but should be worth it. Zipper is toast, but I have an original that should work. The pics needed a bit of tweeking, but think it looks solid.

I think I know the maker of this Windward. Came to me in a Dream. Should know more when in hand.

The leather looks fairly significant in the back picture. Doesn't look to be a light weight.

Check out those wrist straps!

View attachment 197741 View attachment 197742 View attachment 197743 View attachment 197744
Wow! That's the jacket the Admiral Byrd jacket I just received and posted pictures of in the Hercules review thread is based on. Almost identical. Very nice find! Those buttoned flap pockets with handwarmers below them remind me of that awesome Rough Wear you made a video about.

No sooner do I sell off four of my jackets than I pick up four more.

In the last two weeks:
  1. TRD Rider jacket. Thread. This one's a keeper.
    View attachment 197859
  2. Gap Trucker Type III (brown). These Gap branded leather truckers punch well above their weight class, and I got a good price on it. This should be delivered today/tomorrow. If the fit isn't perfect, I may be flipping.
    View attachment 197861
  3. Levis Trucker Type III (black), was expensive, but it's a keeper; it was delivered two days ago, and it basically ends Trucker Quest for me. Leather is thicker than the typical Levis, and it fits very well.
    View attachment 197860
  4. Colonial, XL, $50 pickup. Listed at $75, offered $50, instantly accepted. Nice score, I think.
    I liked the look of it. Riri #8 zippers, the front looks close to an M-65 field jacket, leather looks nice, collar is very cool. I've never heard of Colonial, and so my expectations aren't great, but if it's "just" a "mall jacket", for $50 I didn't go wrong. It looks like the zipper pull is on the wearer's left side, which will be a bit of annoyance to me, but otherwise it looks like a pretty sweet jacket. Does anyone know anything about the Colonial brand?
    View attachment 197858
    View attachment 197862
    View attachment 197863
    View attachment 197864

Gap leather truckers are excellent. Nice leather, well made. They go crazy cheap, for some reason.

Anyway, got this on the way. Natal leather vest.

s-l1600.jpg

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Gap leather truckers are excellent. Nice leather, well made. They go crazy cheap, for some reason.

s-l1600.jpg
That looks like my vest from Natal, only two tone. Sleeveless Trucker Type III, buffalo nickel snaps. I wear mine over a denim trucker.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Wow! That's the jacket the Admiral Byrd jacket I just received and posted pictures of in the Hercules review thread is based on. Almost identical. Very nice find! Those buttoned flap pockets with handwarmers below them remind me of that awesome Rough Wear you made a video about.

Well isn't that interesting! I just checked out the Hercules in the thread. Looks like they did use the windward or a pattern

Now isn't that interesting! I just looked at the jacket in that Hercules thread. Sure look like the same jacket. You have a sharp eye. A identical jacket with a Windward label has been on eBay for nearly a year. It is brown. I made a bid when it first came on. I keep going back and looking at it. Yes I think it was made by rough wear clothing I'll know more when I have it in hand

Guppy

I'll Lock Up

s-l1600.jpg

Hah, I just noticed: Not only is your vest a two-tone, but the pocket flaps are two different colors! How odd! Like a Husky dog with two different colored eyes. What do you make of that?? It looks like it's been worn plenty, too. Nice fading to the color. I hope we get to see some fit pics.

willyto

One Too Many
5E0E5A23-E73A-4E8A-AD6B-F94D8014BC02.jpeg
I just received a used Lewis Leathers Universal MK2 from Second Sunrise.

I missed a size 38 last time from them, now it was a 36 and was worried about the waist being too small because this style can be longer in the body but I can wear it snug (if closing the bottom snap) and it works for that early-mid century motorcycle look. I would probably spec it shorter if I were to go custom because it stops at my hips where it bunches up a bit.

@Carlos840 is to blame here... after seeing his photos I had to buy it.

I’ll try to take photos as soon as I can. It’s the attached one(picture from Second Sunrise)not sure if it’s cowskin or sheepskin because the tag says Genuine Leather Shell.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 198065 I just received a used Lewis Leathers Universal MK2 from Second Sunrise.

I missed a size 38 last time from them, now it was a 36 and was worried about the waist being too small because this style can be longer in the body but I can wear it snug (if closing the bottom snap) and it works for that early-mid century motorcycle look. I would probably spec it shorter if I were to go custom because it stops at my hips where it bunches up a bit.

@Carlos840 is to blame here... after seeing his photos I had to buy it.

I’ll try to take photos as soon as I can. It’s the attached one(picture from Second Sunrise)not sure if it’s cowskin or sheepskin because the tag says Genuine Leather Shell.

I was a bit worried about the length too when i received mine, this jacket having a pronounced front drop it creates a little bit of bunching/pouching at the front.

After a bit of research, i noticed that it did the same thing on Steve...
If it is good enough for the King, it's good enough for me!

Can't wait to see the pics.

aewrMCm.jpg

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just picked up this IH type 3 overdye from Self Edge. They have a 15% off Black Friday sale going and that was enough to push me over the edge.
2F9166B1-0043-4314-A5F0-AD89E9F27A50.jpeg
All the numbers look good for me in the size 48 except for the length, at least an inch longer than I would like. I have come to except that this is the price you pay with Iron Heart and I’m prepared to give this one a chance.

Just picked up this IH type 3 overdye from Self Edge. They have a 15% off Black Friday sale going and that was enough to push me over the edge.
View attachment 198079 All the numbers look good for me in the size 48 except for the length, at least an inch longer than I would like. I have come to except that this is the price you pay with Iron Heart and I’m prepared to give this one a chance.
SE measures differently than IH. My 23oz type III had a stated length of 27.1” but it actually measures 26”. I think SE takes the measurements at the front.

Last edited:

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
SE measures differently than IH. My 23oz type III had a state’s length of 27.1” but it actually measures 26”. I think SE takes the measurements at the front.
Oh wow!
That would be quite awesome if my jacket was shorter than expected.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
My new cold weather, winter jacket. Dehen N-1 in waxed canvas with mouton lining.

View attachment 198220

View attachment 198221
Colin I’m interested to hear your thoughts on that jacket. Dehen makes a nice product but I thought it was a bit pricey for a deck jacket, unless it seems like it will handle deeper in the mercury than a typical. N1

The sleeves do not appear to be mouton lined. Are they?

Hah, I just noticed: Not only is your vest a two-tone, but the pocket flaps are two different colors! How odd! Like a Husky dog with two different colored eyes. What do you make of that?? It looks like it's been worn plenty, too. Nice fading to the color. I hope we get to see some fit pics.

Haha, yeah, I noticed that only after my offer was accepted. But I don't mind at all, it looks fun that way and besides, it was dirt cheap. Considering how much I use I got out of that LW vest, there's no doubt I'll be spending a lot of time wearing this. Looks very cool. I also wear these over truckers. Vests are cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko