Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I got this a few years ago

Ryder2Tone-3.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
He is an only child. He thinks he is the center of the universe. And he is certainly mine, but I consider this a teachable moment. Lol. My bike and jackets must be respected!!
Pics or it didn’t happen J.
There’s a Lounge Family thread...hint hint. Him and you, in a big hat, sitting on the Harley....priceless!!
B

Mysteryo

One Too Many
I finally effin found the Sportclad in my size and good condition. I was mindlessly searching Etsy and Ebay with my 5 year old boy resting his head on my shoulder. When I saw the listing, I almost ended up slinging him off the bed. Scared him too. Too bad little man. Too bad.

View attachment 309466 View attachment 309467 View attachment 309468

@tmitchell59 @Mysteryo i thought both of you would appreciate the jacket.
Fantastic find! It looks in a good vintage shape :)
I love the red woolen lining, an you have the original « star sportswear » label! Wear it well and take fit picts, pelllllllease!

Fantastic find! It looks in a good vintage shape :)
I love the red woolen lining, an you have the original « star sportswear » label! Wear it well and take fit picts, pelllllllease!

Will do. Unlike most vintage jackets that I buy, the fear with this one is that it will be a tad too big. Either way it stays. I love this jacket and have been searching for it for quite some time.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
@tmitchell59 @Mysteryo i thought both of you would appreciate the jacket.

You have done well in your Quest. I noticed you had been looking at a thread on my Sportclad/Penney jackets. Doing your research. Now I see why.

You get an A+ for effort and perseverance. Your Son gets Special Mention for his patience.

@Mysteryo earned his reward for uncovering the connection between J.C.Penney Sportclad and Kurland.

I posted a Video in the Vintage Threads to celebrate your find. Look forward to more on your new Kurland.

You have done well in your Quest. I noticed you had been looking at a thread on my Sportclad/Penney jackets. Doing your research. Now I see why.

You get an A+ for effort and perseverance. Your Son gets Special Mention for his patience.

@Mysteryo earned his reward for uncovering the connection between J.C.Penney Sportclad and Kurland.

I posted a Video in the Vintage Threads to celebrate your find. Look forward to more on your new Kurland.

Tip of the hat to you. I’ve watched all your videos detailing how awesome the Sportclad is. And yes, @Mysteryo certainly expanded my search to Kurland. Without it I may have overlooked the jacket I just purchased. Thanks to both of you. This is one of the main reasons I love this site. The experience and expertise helps tremendously. More so than “fit” advice, we all have opinions on that, but the institutional knowledge. Cheers.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Well I was officially closed for business but this one really doesn't count because I put in a really low bid and for some reason no one else bid so I got it LOL. So, seems like destiny to me. I did add a reinforcement bar in the closet, so probably got room for this and maybe 1 more (if I can find a nice patina trucker in brown).

90's Vanson C2. Looks like owner cut off the epaulettes, not a big deal to me, I've thought about doing it on a few of my jackets tbh. And missing the belt, but again, got others to fill that need. Hoping it's part of that great leather batch. Has nice talon zips.

17cf8de
17cf8e1
17cf8e7

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Beautiful vintage Vanson, even has the underarm gussets they stopped doing on all but a few current models. Shameful that someone actually cut off the epaulettes. I could see maybe doing that on a cheapo beater but they killed this one ;(!

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful vintage Vanson, even has the underarm gussets they stopped doing on all but a few current models. Shameful that someone actually cut off the epaulettes. I could see maybe doing that on a cheapo beater but they killed this one ;(!
yeah, hopefully they did a good job at least. The snaps kind of sticking out with no purpose might be a little frankenstein too LOL. I can't imagine it would be that hard to add them back. A seamstress just needs to open up the seam and add the flap of leather. Once I get it, depending on everything, I might take it to Gwen at Cal Leathers to see what she can do with it. I'm just hoping the leather has aged well and is that epic kind we all hear about from time to time.

yeah, hopefully they did a good job at least. The snaps kind of sticking out with no purpose might be a little frankenstein too LOL. I can't imagine it would be that hard to add them back. A seamstress just needs to open up the seam and add the flap of leather. Once I get it, depending on everything, I might take it to Gwen at Cal Leathers to see what she can do with it. I'm just hoping the leather has aged well and is that epic kind we all hear about from time to time.

I’ve had a few older Vanson. Based on the photos, I will bet that you will be very pleased. Nice pick up. I’m always ready to BIN one of these, or an E or Thunderbird, in an interesting color and/or hide.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This 1950s Trojan came in last week from buyee. It has issues and I have filed a case with paypal, substantialy not as described. When I have spare time I will do a review on its own thread. This is the most money in nominal numbers I have paid for a jacket. Graned in buying power considering inflation I paid more for my buco J-24 about 12 years ago

View attachment 303066

The Trojan jacket picture is headed back to Japan the seller has agreed to refund.

Yesterday I placed an order with Alan of Johnson Leather to make me a reproduction with a 3.5 Oz brown Horween CXL horsehide. This is a softer batch with a lot of color variation something out of the ordinary Horween presented to Alan. I have been talking about doing a Trojan reproduction with Johnson Leather for two years. With an original example at Johnson Leather to take measurements from, I decided time to act. The only change to the original is I am going with no belt loops. I planning on two months with the test jacket.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I’ve had a few older Vanson. Based on the photos, I will bet that you will be very pleased. Nice pick up. I’m always ready to BIN one of these, or an E or Thunderbird, in an interesting color and/or hide.
stay away from buyee.jp. I see Es all the time. Most of these 80/90s Vansons (C2, Enfield, E, Chopper, B) go for about $325-400 plus figure another $75 in shipping (you have to pay shipping twice- 1 in japan and then to final destination). I got this one for $220. So should come out to slightly above $300. Think I did good.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
My vintage Levi’s Sherpa arrived and it’s even better than expected. Basically NOS, someone maybe wore it once or just tried on a few times. Not even a spec of wear or dirt on cuffs collar etc. Too bad Levi’s doesn’t make them like this anymore. Thick lining, quilted sleeve, made in USA etc.
22863928-4CE3-4DE4-AA0B-4B7A9EA9419E.jpeg
545E3FA8-522A-4AD2-B0E7-504A6D74E09F.jpeg
BC52F0C2-B246-4C86-B575-D9F8117542C4.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ