Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think it’s fair to say you prefer a looser fit in general….but I also think it’s easier to diagnose a jacket that fits feeling too small vs one that fits too large. If something is too tight in the shoulders, chest, waist for example…that will never change, regardless of wear, it will always be too tight.
Guilty as charged and I am much more willing to accept a jacket that many others here would send back because it is too loose for their liking. I think I may also be quicker to send one back if I feel it is on the tight side.

roadking04

Practically Family
Guilty as charged and I am much more willing to accept a jacket that many others here would send back because it is too loose for their liking. I think I may also be quicker to send one back if I feel it is on the tight side.

I tend to side with El Marro. I prefer a little more room than too tight. I am always putting stuff in my pockets and tight jackets make that harder to do and more uncomfortable. Plus, nobody wants to see a "dad bod" in a tight anything. lol.

fishmeok

Vendor
Before he was Norshor, I think Mark - who used to post here as Fishmoek - was for a while 'Superior Flight Togs' or something similar? Somewhere I have what is possibly the first jacket he sold into the wild. It was patterned after one in a photo of Spanish Civil War partisans fighting the fascists, basically an A1 style but with a zip up front. Very nice jacket, though I'll have to sell it at some point because I've outgrown it and don't think I'll get down to size again; it was always a neat fit on me. (No mistake in the measurements; it was picked up as a stock offering and I was still in my phase of wearing 'em a bit too tight.)

Hey Edward- can you drop me some pics of that jacket? It was the first pattern I made just from doing research and trying to gauge fit and style just from Lincoln Brigade pics. I was Superior Flight Apparel and I loved that label and name, but it was a little too 50's for most of my jackets so I started NorShor.

Cheers
Mark

hondurasdave47

Practically Family
Wait what?! Video consultation is an option? After I sent Scott the order form, he had a few more questions so then I sent him photos of me being measured and body shots. Which would've been much easier if it were over the video chat.
When I first contacted Langlitz I asked for an off rack jacket they had in stock, hoping for immediate delivery and maybe a deal on price, but I was told everything was custom order, no off rack jackets. That their customer usually walk in to get measured (in Oregon and in Japan store) and then the jacket is cut to those numbers.
I would recommend using the video chat if that's an option. I would've done that if I had known it was available.
Yup, from their website:

COVID-19 Update:
We recognize the inability to come physically into our store for measurements is tough for some people. If you would like help with measuring from your home, we now offer video consultations. Give us a call or send us a message and we will set up a time. You will still need a tape measure and a friend to take the measurements. Be well and stay safe.

Edward

Bartender
Hey Edward- can you drop me some pics of that jacket? It was the first pattern I made just from doing research and trying to gauge fit and style just from Lincoln Brigade pics. I was Superior Flight Apparel and I loved that label and name, but it was a little too 50's for most of my jackets so I started NorShor.

Cheers
Mark

Mark! Nice to see you about! I have the jacket carefully stored just at the minute as we're in the middle of a home redecor, but as soon as I'm able I'll get some shots done! :)

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Just as I was making progress downsizing the jacket collection, this one catches my eye and bank account.
vanson.jpeg

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
That’s a nice one! The Vanson CHP was my first “real” cross zip and I probably should have stopped right there…
Agreed. This is after I basically sold off all my cross zips except a Vanson Slade. Had to come back to one.They just fit so well on and off the bike. And actually feel comfortable to wear. It might not be some exquisite flavor of the month fancy hide but it just works for what it is. And this older variation is my fave, underarm football gussets and no bulky leather lined pistol pocket. It just add too much bulk IMO after owning both variations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot