Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

willyto

One Too Many
Congrats dude, i don't think you have anythign to worry about, it looks like a greta jacket.
Fit pics when it arrives please.
Just got it today. It turned out to be a bit smaller than expected because of the tapper at the hem. It has shorter sleeves than I like but now I get the Hype about Lost Worlds. It is very very nice and gives me an idea about sizing. I was worried it sized bigger but I think it is just true to size with a good tapper (At least on this Ryder)

Built like a tank and I tried to do the water treatment just now and I can't believe how waterproof the leather is, almost nothing soaked in. What a beautiful and soft leather. The inside pocket placement is fantastic for a wallet or phone(you can feel them when putting your hand in the handwarmer one which I like), the chest pocket deep enough for a phone too and the handwarmer pockets have a good angle.

If I find a 38 I think I will probably grab it, this one was a 36.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just got it today. It turned out to be a bit smaller than expected because of the tapper at the hem. It has shorter sleeves than I like but now I get the Hype about Lost Worlds. It is very very nice and gives me an idea about sizing. I was worried it sized bigger but I think it is just true to size with a good tapper (At least on this Ryder)

Built like a tank and I tried to do the water treatment just now and I can't believe how waterproof the leather is, almost nothing soaked in. What a beautiful and soft leather. The inside pocket placement is fantastic for a wallet or phone(you can feel them when putting your hand in the handwarmer one which I like), the chest pocket deep enough for a phone too and the handwarmer pockets have a good angle.

If I find a 38 I think I will probably grab it, this one was a 36.

Careful with sizing, the patterns evolved with time as far as I understand.

And they are indeed the most waterproof jackets I have handled :D

willyto

One Too Many
Careful with sizing, the patterns evolved with time as far as I understand.

And they are indeed the most waterproof jackets I have handled :D
Thanks for the tip. I took a risk on this one for the price but oh well. No measurements were listed and used another 36 somewhere else as example.

As far as I know these smaller sizes are Japan only because on the website 38 is the smallest size.

If I went custom I'd would trust Stu and use this one as guide so to speak. I'll take fit pics this week but I already know the sleeves are short and bother me when wearing long sleeve shirts becaue they show.

A very important measurement apart from lenght is the hem widht.

I'm still surprised to see @ton312 doesn't own one or has kept it if he had one.

Thanks for the tip. I took a risk on this one for the price but oh well. No measurements were listed and used another 36 somewhere else as example.

As far as I know these smaller sizes are Japan only because on the website 38 is the smallest size.

If I went custom I'd would trust Stu and use this one as guide so to speak. I'll take fit pics this week but I already know the sleeves are short and bother me when wearing long sleeve shirts becaue they show.

A very important measurement apart from lenght is the hem widht.

I'm still surprised to see @ton312 doesn't own one or has kept it if he had one.
I had two:oops:. One fit great but also was just a bit short sleeved and the other was...massive and a very bad fit all around. It is the one LW I constantly scan for though. Of the few patterns I've tried from LW, I like that one best. Ironically I regularly wear vintage jackets with this sleeve length but somehow it bothered me with the LW.
82BCFE3A-63A1-4B28-BE39-3EFACAB4C5BE.jpeg

To my untrained eye it looks identical to this Kit Karson. Was Kit Karson a maker or just a label?

View attachment 410651 View attachment 410652

I always thought maker, but now, not sure. I’ve been trying to dig a bit but nothing. The wolf and kit are very similar. Wolf did make MC jackets with a more traditional slant in the chest pocket, like this one. The label in your jacket perfectly matches the one in the wolf. I’ll find better pics. I’m starting to think Wolf was short lived but super busy. Either way, this will be among your best jackets. And you’ve got some great ones.

One more shot from me for a straight zip. I recently struck out on a too-large Grais, and this one also has that potential, but the allure of a classic 50's jacket in good shape combined with a reasonable price was too much. I will report further when it shows up. The zippers are from 1950s.

View attachment 410706

View attachment 410707

I’ve been peeking into the eBay jacket description for weeks, maybe more. Every time hoping the pit to pit got larger. I think you did well.

willyto

One Too Many
So I went to sleep thinking about purchasing an Eastman Leather Clothing A-1 on vinted for 599€ (650€ After shipping and buyer’s protection and stuff). Overthinking about it because it’s very nice but the small pockets and the knits didn’t convince me although it has a wonderful capeskin.

I also had a ELC Hartmann on my sights for a lower price 550€(580€) in the end with the website buyer’s protection+shipping and stuff like that).

This morning the A-1 was sold so I got the Hartmann instead in order not to miss out on this bargain. I basically have bought 3 ELC jackets over the years for less than one of them at full price, specially now with brexir and raised prices.

D305CF0A-8026-4335-BD31-28CFB0C2D8D7.jpeg
04E7307C-5B14-40CC-A6DC-A9C949B8E414.jpeg
8C5DDABF-2AF4-418D-AF88-862932B05F3A.jpeg
68F64841-50B1-417E-93B6-AAD896C4DC83.jpeg
2B919B24-C099-4BDF-A229-4013611EF07D.jpeg

So I went to sleep thinking about purchasing an Eastman Leather Clothing A-1 on vinted for 599€ (650€ After shipping and buyer’s protection and stuff). Overthinking about it because it’s very nice but the small pockets and the knits didn’t convince me although it has a wonderful capeskin.

I also had a ELC Hartmann on my sights for a lower price 550€(580€) in the end with the website buyer’s protection+shipping and stuff like that).

This morning the A-1 was sold so I got the Hartmann instead in order not to miss out on this bargain. I basically have bought 3 ELC jackets over the years for less than one of them at full price, specially now with brexir and raised prices.

View attachment 411053 View attachment 411054 View attachment 411055 View attachment 411056 View attachment 411052

Imo, much, much better call than the A-1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy