Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Incoming, with a help from @MrProper who took this photo for me, as well.

These might turn out to be the heaviest pants I'll have and the competition is already serious but we'll see. But anyway, I needed a pair in brown.

adad772a-555c-446d-b298-a195b9b016c1-jpeg.435113

Last edited:

Damon141

Practically Family
Incoming, with a help from @MrProper who took this photo for me, as well.

These might turn out to be the heaviest pants I'll have and the competition is already serious but we'll see. But anyway, I needed a pair in brown.

adad772a-555c-446d-b298-a195b9b016c1-jpeg.435113
Those will be great protection, looks like shoe leather at the bottom.

Where did you find them? Please post more pics when you get them!

Willhaben! I randomly stumbled upon them while going thru the entire leather trousers selection and figured I'd risk 100 Euros since the photos weren't very good. Glad I did. Leather looks suspiciously like CXL. Seller described them as "greasy".

Those will be great protection, looks like shoe leather at the bottom.

Yep, leather indeed looks work-boot standard! Not that I need it as I don't ride but it's still something I appreciate.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Willhaben! I randomly stumbled upon them while going thru the entire leather trousers selection and figured I'd risk 100 Euros since the photos weren't very good. Glad I did. Leather looks suspiciously like CXL. Seller described them as "greasy".

Yep, leather indeed looks work-boot standard! Not that I need it as I don't ride but it's still something I appreciate.

Really curious to hear your thoughts when you get them!!

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This turned out cool! I’ll post a full review as I don’t think Aero’s wools get much (if any) attention. I’m surprised (pleasantly) by the texture. It’s very rough, almost like burlap.
View attachment 435399 View attachment 435400 View attachment 435401
Scotland has a long history of producing and working wool. You did well congratulations. When I first purchased jackets from Aero about 2000 Aero would send out a wool scarf with jacket purchases.

Every girl crazy ‘bout a sharp dressed woodsman

Ton just needs to change his footwear game and get some cowboy hats, then the transformation is complete.

The wool on his Aero sounds a lot like my vtg Windward wool jacket. It really is cool stuff and has opened my eyes to the possibilities. The darn wool needs to be broken in. Awesome stuff.

Edward

Bartender
That Aero Wool HB looks great. I have a Waterfront I bought years ago, though I hope to buy a new one this Winter. My original is great - I should just have bought a bigger size. The 42 measures 23" pit to pit; it was always snug - a 44 would have been better, though I'm actually planning to go up to a 46 to have room for a submariner sweater under it. I remain tempted by the 'screen accurate' red (albeit that - like Aero - I wouldn't go so far as to insist on mismatching fabric, as per the original one Brando wore), though by first preference I'll be going again for the green, I just love the colour.

The most recent jacket I bought is one of these, for about 40% of regular retail:

1656694363939.png

Not my photo - a stock image! One-colour, 50s 'Hollywood' style leisure jacket. Not quite as bright red as in the photo, more a burgundy/oxblood in reality. Very nice jacket, definitely worth full retail, though for forty quid (I'm guessing it was a less popular colour) an absolute steal. Still a bit on the warm side for it currently, so probably will get worn later on, into the Autumn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider