Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Three boxes today. The Durable is on my back, but unzipped. I can say this; not all hype. this one is c.1950, 50s zipper pull, 40s Talon stop box, pre nylon lining.

This jacket would have been fairly new when The Wild Ones was filmed, 1952.

I did measure the sleeve zippers, 8 inches. They always stand out to me. The jacket is robust, no nonsense motorcycle jacket.

Much more to come.

1679002513186.jpeg
1679002543519.jpeg

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
Three boxes today. The Durable is on my back, but unzipped. I can say this; not all hype. this one is c.1950, 50s zipper pull, 40s Talon stop box, pre nylon lining.

I did measure the sleeve zippers, 8 inches. They always stand out to me. The jacket is robust, no nonsense motorcycle jacket.

Much more to come.

View attachment 498678 View attachment 498679
That's a winner. To me this jacket somehow bridges the gap between motorcycle rider and fighter pilot. The hardware us amazing, and the sleeve taper is beautiful. This jacket has a lot of class.

Jasonissm

Practically Family

Much more to come.

View attachment 498678 View attachment 498679
Love the thick panel around the hem, breaks up the design visually and give a nice balance! Very cool jacket!

suitecasehandler

Familiar Face
Looks too big fro you all around, is there no cuff adjustment on that model either? The sleeves look quite wide with nothing to cinch it in.
No adjustments unfortunately, it's too big in every dimensions pretty much.
Will try layering with a thickest flannel shirt I have just no to regret selling but 99% will end up in classifields

Damn it, no wonder it looks like my model B with a collar. Price was too good to pass given the new ish condition. Heard a lot about Vanson horsehides, finally found one.
The 9D has the back seam not found on the Enfield. It’s also got a better collar and a more trim cut. That’s a great pick up. At any price. Which Japanese site did you find it on?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The 9D has the back seam not found on the Enfield. It’s also got a better collar and a more trim cut. That’s a great pick up. At any price. Which Japanese site did you find it on?
I was confused about the quilted lining and the back seam too, now it all makes sense.
Surprisingly this one is from Japan Auction, ¥68,000, about $550 my Visa likes to make money on exchange rates. Nothing I can do about that, Paypal is worse. A bit less than what I paid for a new cowhide Vanson directly from Vanson so I thought it was a good deal since the condition looks like new.
There is a NOS horsehide model C but the seller has learned the Ebay ways of price gauging...

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Coming my way, I'm happy to see items over priced; I bet on the item being around until I'm in the money to offer. I've bought many other jackets while this vest sat, I knew I would be crushed if it was sold, My offer got it and I'm very happy. I'm also seeing a decent fit. This is the earliest Taubers label. I have a 70s Cowhide Taubers vest that does not fit me. plain, no closure. very cool

1679543860839.png

1679543888671.png
1679543927336.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ