Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Bonasera

One of the Regulars
What's it made of? Asking because it looks like leather.... I know that Lewis did a vinyl model back in the 60s that was sold as "The Bomber", with a retail price markedly below their leathers. Never seen one, though, and would love to have the chance to handle one for comparison.
This is made of sheepskin.
The name "Bomber" is used to a
vinyl jacket with Bronx design in 50s at first. But in 60s, the name was used to this model which looks like lightning with belt loops according to Rin Tanaka.
Lewis leathers named jacket with a name used to other past model.
For example. "Nevada" jacket appeared on 60s catalogue, but same name jacket with different design appeared on 70s catalogue.
Screenshot_20230401-232430~2.png Screenshot_20230401-232850~2.png

Edward

Bartender
This is made of sheepskin.
The name "Bomber" is used to a
vinyl jacket with Bronx design in 50s at first. But in 60s, the name was used to this model which looks like lightning with belt loops according to Rin Tanaka.
Lewis leathers named jacket with a name used to other past model.
For example. "Nevada" jacket appeared on 60s catalogue, but same name jacket with different design appeared on 70s catalogue.
View attachment 503615 View attachment 503616

Ah! Didn't know they recycled some of those names. Thanks!

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I replied in the Johnson thread. Interesting so many duplicate this jacket, I find the pattern awkward. I think that is why it gets tweaked. It was a first in many ways and a transition from the older style of jackets. They kept it alive for several years, other styles were quickly added.
I agree with you about the Hercules pattern being a bit off. I have a GW Hercules that John made for me. He told me when I ordered it that it would not be as comfortable as the Ventura and the Arcadia he had made for me previously and he was right. The jacket fits well but it feels tight through the shoulders and awkward as you said

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I got this the Few A-2 (left) back in Jan. The hh is unlike the other 3 the Few hh jackets i have. The leather on this one is so close to the shiniki. For comparison, jacket on the right is RM ANJ3A. I bought the A-2 2nd hand so have trouble confirming the hh used. View attachment 506636 View attachment 506637
The NZ workshop (The Few) made really nice stuff. I've got a few pieces on the used market. They're quite expensive for used jackets. Still looking for a Indie jacket to go with the new movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ