Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Leigh H

Practically Family
The guy was not clear on the measurements, so I took the chance. I'm not too confident it will fit but will see.
he reached out to me on instagram, i've had a jacket from him before. It looked like 18" pit to pit but you’re right his measurements seemed off. I passed him on to Jon as a potential buyer. Anyway it's in amazing condition and if it doesn't fit i'm sure there will be interest from Japanese collectors.

Last edited:

semolina_pilchard

One of the Regulars
he reached out to me on instagram, i've had a jacket from him before. It looked like 18" pit to pit but you’re right his measurements seemed off. I passed him on to Jon as a potential buyer. Anyway it's in amazing condition and if it doesn't fit i'm sure there will be interest from Japanese collectors.

Yeah he sent photos of the shoulder measurement and it looked like 18” so who knows. If I can’t shoehorn myself into it, might get a repro made.

Took a flyer on this WD, Natal, Kerr, God only knows who made it jacket.
WD.jpg

image (1).png
image (2).png
image_123650291.JPG

Couldn't get much in the way of measurements but this guy is 160lbs so I *think* it'll fit. It looks massive on him....
No clue why I bought it, don't even wear leather at all much these days but the hide looked to good to pass.

skybert

One of the Regulars
@Marc mndt lol, true. The design is exactly the same. The only minor difference I can see is that yours is symmetrical on both sides of main zipper, though that could be random.

Ton was probably right - god only knows.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Got this 40s Golden Fleece on the way. I absolutely adore the vintage leather and wool cross zip sports jackets and I've never seen one for sale before. I'm sure there are some others floating around, but I see a lot more of these in vintage photos than I see listed for sale. Measurements suggest it should fit me quite well. I'm cautiously excited.

IMG_0682.jpeg
IMG_0685.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Got this 40s Golden Fleece on the way. I absolutely adore the vintage leather and wool cross zip sports jackets and I've never seen one for sale before. I'm sure there are some others floating around, but I see a lot more of these in vintage photos than I see listed for sale. Measurements suggest it should fit me quite well. I'm cautiously excited.

View attachment 571324 View attachment 571325
As nice as I have seen of this most interesting style! A great label, great condition and a possible fit. That is the whole package. Like you, I've seen plenty of pics of these combo jackets, but many are in poor condition. They seem to use capeskin, which is most fragile at this age.

1941 Sears Roebuck catalog

1702869280864.jpeg

1942 Sears Roebuck catalog

1702869360778.jpeg

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
As nice as I have seen of this most interesting style! A great label, great condition and a possible fit. That is the whole package. Like you, I've seen plenty of pics of these combo jackets, but many are in poor condition. They seem to use capeskin, which is most fragile at this age.

1941 Sears Roebuck catalog

View attachment 571356
1942 Sears Roebuck catalog

View attachment 571361
Thanks for the fantastic catalogue photos!

The capeskin was my one hangup, but the overall condition is so nice and I love this style so much that I had to go for it. Hopefully it's not to dry and if it is, I'll condition it immediately.

Nacho

Practically Family
Thanks for the fantastic catalogue photos!

The capeskin was my one hangup, but the overall condition is so nice and I love this style so much that I had to go for it. Hopefully it's not to dry and if it is, I'll condition it immediately.

Congrats on an awesome jacket, Jake. The capeskin looks to be in great shape. I’ve got a knitted wool/capeskin shawl collar sweater. Not like yours. But the capeskin held up fine after all them years (~ 80 years old). It is fragile don’t get me wrong. In fact, it’s quite thin and has a delicate hand. So handle with care when you get the jacket.

TP 2023-09-19 at 7.38.10 PM.jpeg

TP 2023-09-19 at 7.38.25 PM.jpeg

TP 2023-09-19 at 7.39.06 PM.jpeg

Last edited:

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Congrats on an awesome jacket, Jake. The capeskin looks to be in great shape. I’ve got a knitted wool/capeskin shawl collar sweater. Not like yours. But the capeskin held up fine after all them years (~ 80 years old). It is fragile don’t get me wrong. In fact, it’s quite thin and has a delicate hand. So handle with care when you get the jacket.

View attachment 571365
View attachment 571366
View attachment 571367
Wow that is a gorgeous piece! Very cool color combination. That's good to know. I will definitely make sure to be careful with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy