Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many products do you use?

pineapplefruitcake

One of the Regulars
Ok, I use a cold cream I make myself with olive and calendula oil and witch hazel for toner everyday and then a mild exfoliant a couple of days a week. Usually that's it but sometimes I have....

Light makeup days -

Tinted moisturiser
Highlighter
Blush
Mascara
Lip balm or stain

Heavy makeup nights -

Tinted moisturiser
Highlighter
Blush
Eyebrow shadow
Eyeliner
Mascara
Lip balm
Lipstick
Lip liner
Powder to set.

Then remove with the cold cream and start again the next morning :)

pineapplefruitcake

One of the Regulars
Oh, I'll add that my moisturiser has SPF in it but if I'm going out in the sun at all ( I'm an Aussie) I'll wear a full protection sunscreen and I won't wear makeup as I find it too heavy to have both.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
I hear that skin cancer rates are sky high in Australia with Aborigines being the exception. The sun is a killer and life giver at the same time!

True. On the other hand, rates of vitamin D deficiency are soaring amongst Australian women! 1 in 3 now, I believe. We took the "slip slop slap" message a bit too much to heart, but it is difficult not to when everyone you know over the age of 40 has had skin cancers removed.

For number of products, if I am just around the house or walking up to the post office it'll just be a light day cream. If I am going out-out (not just to the shops!) it'll be:
Day cream
Under eye concealer
Foundation
Colour-corrective concealer
Eye primer
Cream eyeshadow
powder eyeshadows
gel liner
eyebrow pencil
mascara
lipstain
lipstick
lipliner
translucent powder
... and sometimes blush depending on whether I feel pallid.

Jezebel_Amazon

One of the Regulars
Yikes, I'm personally a product junkie. My routines vary on time of year also.

Daytime-
Mild Cleanser
Lavender/Witch hazel Toner
Daytime Moisturizer with SPF 30

Cosmetics-
Liquid Foundation
Setting Powder
Blush/Bronzer/Highlighter
Shadow Primer
Eyeshadow
Highlighter pencil
Liquid Liner
Mascara
Brow Pomade
Lip Liner
Lipstick
Hairspray or setting lotion

Night Time-
Pre-Cleanser
Glycol Cleanser
Night Serum
Night Moisurizer
Spot Treatment

Once a week I do a light peel.

20/ 21 That's a ton of crap I muck on my face. :eusa_doh: Must be nice to get away with under 5 products! :(

Lakesha Toy

New in Town
Yes I too love using products but I always prefer to use home remedies or else natural products.I usually love to read post related to skin and hair care.Reading post I get idea for my skin and then I do try it.I am hairdresser so I know how to make products,what to try and what not.I tried my own site products whre I have both hair and skin care products.Like mizani products and olive oil products.

Bixie Bliss

New in Town
Skin care wise I use one of a few different cleansers or scrubs depending on how my skin feels; foreo luna to wash with; then after, a skin oil if needed; eye cream and then moisturiser (different ones for day and night). Make up is a bit different. On and day to day basis it's foundation, powder, eye primer, eye shadow, eye liner and mascara, then lip balm and lipstick. Sometimes I use blusher, but find it difficult to get a good vintage red one. They all seem too peach, dusky rose or tawny. I have a perfect Dior one that is really red, but want to buy a cruelty free one instead. If i'm going out at night I tend to amp up the eye shadow so it's not just a nude/neutral one but has some shimmer or is more pigmented as well as the eyeliner etc.

Bixie Bliss

New in Town
Oh and hair products are shampoo (loads of different ones depending on whether my hair needs a gentle wash or days worth of hairspray removal!), conditioner, treatment a couple of times a week as my hair is bleached platinum and that and the hairspray really dries it out, gel/mousse/setting lotion and hairspray to finish.

retrorover

New in Town
Philosophy wash and moisturizer
Retin a at night
Rose water toner
Vitamin c powder
Sunscreen
Primer
Revlon BB cream or Armani foundation
Cle de Peau concealer or Revolon or loreal
Blush
Mascara
Besame lipstick
Sometimes powder

Delma

New in Town
Cetaphil cleanser
witchhazel
tinted moisturizer with SPF
eyeshadow
eyeliner
mascara
blush
lipstick
powder

GypsyLyn

New in Town
I'm a product junkie too. On a normal day;

Moisturizer with spf
Eye Cream
Mineral primer
Tinted primer
Foundation
Contour
Blush
Highlight
Eye primer
Eyeshadow
Liquid eyeliner
Eyebrow pomade
Banana powder
Illuminating powder
Setting spray
Liquid lipstick

That's just to put on, to take off I use a makeup remover and washcloth, then a foaming cleanser with clarisonic, eyemakeup remover, then a night time moisturizer with retinol.

Eva Granch

New in Town
I tend to try and use a lot of different companies for my hair, skincare . For skin I always us:
cleanser, toner,moisturizer, exfoliating scrub, sun protection

Staci

New in Town
Face
Cold cream
Liquid foundation
Liquid concealer
Blush
Eyebrow pencil
Liquid eyeliner
Eyeshadow
Mascara
Power
Lipstick

Hair
Shampoo
Conditioner
Setting lotion
Hairspray

Nails
Polish

Around

New in Town
Face
Cold cream
Liquid foundation
Liquid concealer
Blush
Eyebrow pencil
Liquid eyeliner
Eyeshadow
Mascara
Power
Lipstick

Hair
Shampoo
Conditioner
Setting lotion
Hairspray

Nails
Polish

This looks like my daily checklist from my late college days;) Maybe except setting lotion and occasional nail polish. The thing I use very often, I mean every day, is a flat iron. I have fine curly hair but I prefer it straight. The most effective approach to keep it straight for longer is to do as Chloe says which means using dry shampoo to prevent the excessive moisture on your scalp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot