Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Was Your Day?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I managed to miss the measles outbreak at Disneyland but I think I caught something on the plane back from Orlando cause I 'm sicker than a dog today.
Goofy or Pluto? :D
Sorry to hear this VC, being sick is awful, and I go to great lengths to avoid it.

My day was good. Cleaned both vehicles, shopped at Costco for meat, and cooked steaks on the grill tonight.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
My day was a real "booger"...had to take my oldest and smallest dog to the vet. I thought I would have to put the dog down, but at 14 she is going to have some more time yet....has liver and kidney isssue but she is supposed to eat a prescription food only...my 92 year old Mother keeps feeding the dog human food....my dog can not digest any other food but what is prescribed.,..and dogs tend to really make messes everywhere when they have digestive issues...yep...that's right. So had to spend about $300.0 at the vets. Then I had to scrub and extract the carpets.....and that was just the early part of the day..

Next, I just paid for new glasses to see better. They are HORRIBLE I tell you, just horrible. I can not see anything with them on. So I had to find out what is wrong, either the wrong eye examine information...or...the glasses are not made properly....

Next...Daniel had a medical appointment that was cancelled due to MLK day.....so he gets really ill if he does not have a medical treatment...and he was feeling like warmed over death.

On the flip side...purchased some amazing beer.....called, "Lucky Girl". It better be lucky or else! LOL

And I just sent Tonyb a deposit for a custom hat to be made for my Husband....as I always want my Husband to know how much I do love him. Hats from Tonyb are hard to beat.

Last edited:

Bugguy

Practically Family
Mine couldn't be anywhere near as great as the guy who had the gazillion pound concrete bridge span fall on the hood of his truck. He may have won the trifecta... new truck, workers comp, and a humongous settlement so he goes away. No doubt too traumatized to ever drive again (I would be). Matter of fact, maybe I can file a claim for extreme empathy - it hurts to think about driving along, minding my own business and then... splat.

In all seriousness, he was incredibly lucky. As the Dep. Sheriff told me when a 6' long X 2 1/4" length of angle iron impaled my window and passenger seat at 70 MPH, it wasn't my day to die.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Yes that was some very unexpected ordeal....sort of like having a plane drop out of the sky on a home or something.....lightning striking.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Went to school and I had my environmental science class today. It was lab today, and we were doing wind turbines (I get the strange feeling we're doing a study that my prof is going to be presenting to the trustees board. The lab had me driving all over campus taking wind speed measurements for the possibility of putting wind turbines on campus. Record the data and bring it back to my group so we can analyze it next week. After getting all that done, I went to Newspaper (I write for the college paper), and picked an editorial to do, that I'm still unsure what I'm going to write about.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
My day has so far been uneventful, but my past few weeks certainly haven't. As some of you may or may not have noticed I haven't been around the Lounge for awhile. That's because I became very ill right before Christmas, and on December 28th I was rushed into emergency surgery to have my left leg amputated just above the knee. The cause was gaseous gangrene stemming from a diabetic ulcer on my left foot. By the time I went to the ER I was already in septic shock and the beginnings of renal failure. Doctors said if I'd waited one more day to seek treatment that I'd likely be dead. Scary stuff for sure.
The good news is I'm now on the mend and doing well. My leg is healing nicely with no post-op complications, and I should be ready for a prosthetic leg by the middle of March. Until then I'm limited to a wheelchair or walker.
On the bright side, I've gotten serious about controlling my diabetes and have lost 40lbs since this ordeal started. I've completely cut sugared soft drinks out of my diet and my blood sugar levels are running near normal without medication. I guess sometimes we just need a serious wake-up call.
Now I'm just wondering where I can score one of those stylish golden-era wooden wheelchairs to use in the meantime.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your plight, Matt, and every wish for a speedy recovery.

I have a quote on our fridge from a newspaper of a few years ago... "A good scare is worth a lot more to a man than good advice."

You're living it, man. Best wishes.

My day has so far been uneventful, but my past few weeks certainly haven't. As some of you may or may not have noticed I haven't been around the Lounge for awhile. That's because I became very ill right before Christmas, and on December 28th I was rushed into emergency surgery to have my left leg amputated just above the knee. The cause was gaseous gangrene stemming from a diabetic ulcer on my left foot. By the time I went to the ER I was already in septic shock and the beginnings of renal failure. Doctors said if I'd waited one more day to seek treatment that I'd likely be dead. Scary stuff for sure.
The good news is I'm now on the mend and doing well. My leg is healing nicely with no post-op complications, and I should be ready for a prosthetic leg by the middle of March. Until then I'm limited to a wheelchair or walker.
On the bright side, I've gotten serious about controlling my diabetes and have lost 40lbs since this ordeal started. I've completely cut sugared soft drinoks out of my diet and my blood sugar levels are running near normal without medication. I guess sometimes we just need a serious wake-up call.
Now I'm just wondering where I can score one of those stylish golden-era wooden wheelchairs to use in the meantime.
Holy **** Matt!!!!!!
I'm glad to know you're still around man. Jeez. I was kinda wondering about you just the other day.
I hate to hear about all this and if you need anything please don't hesitate to hit me up. I'm just down the road a bit. I'll keep an eye out for one of those old timey chairs.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Praying for a speedy recovery Matt, so thankful you caught it in time.

My day was restful, but in the back of my mind I'm aware that my life is about to get busy...REALLY busy with my new job.
So many responsibilities, some only being revealed in the past week.
Once these all start taking effect (some are seasonal) I'll be off the FL for quite some time.
On a lighter note, I've found a LOT of slow cooker recipes, rather than rely on going out to eat.
Restaurant food isn't all that great for daily consumption. ;)

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The Corona virus, along with the many dos and don'ts that we keep being bombarded with, has inevitably had a negative impact on me. The news saturation doesn't help. Why can't broadcasters show some old time movies, or re-runs of popular sit-coms of decades past? Just walking past a news stand, giving the headlines a cursory glance and you would believe that Armageddon is upon us. Then again, there's nothing that hacks like more than scaring the populace witless.

"You look despondent," my wife said, seeing me perusing some conspiracy theory about this virulent bug. "You're right," I told her, "the doom and gloom, the pathetic morons clearing the store shelves , none of it helps." "Come on," she said, "make us both a hot drink, I've got something to show you."

My wife had been to our local charity shop with a bag full of clothes that the wicked "fat" fairy had shrunk whilst hanging in the wardrobe. As she dropped the bag off she noticed a brand new pair of tennis plimsolls in my size for just ten pounds. Sold. "They are a perfect fit," I said, admiring them as I tried them on. "That's not all," she said, "I've been to the fabric shop, and had another lucky find." She produced a roll of off white fabric, a linen/cotton mix. "We are going to get through this," she reassured me, "and when we next venture out we can wear 1930's style, long tennis trousers," adding, "that end of roll was being sold off for just twenty pounds."

What a treat, my missus knows that I have been searching, fruitlessly, for a pair of trousers, in the classic style that Fred Perry wore, when he dominated Wimbledon. "There's yet more," I was told, as she produced some shirt fabric and a small swatch, "that swatch might be a tad over the top," she said, but if you like it," "like it," I repeated, "I love it." New shirt, new trousers, new shoes, the lady has got me smiling again.
Here's Fred Perry in his heyday:
fred perry.jpg
My new plimsolls,
Plimpsoles 001.JPG
And this is the fabric. Five and a half yards, originally ten pounds a yard, on sale for just twenty pounds. You can also see the rather flamboyant swatch as well as the new shirt material.
shirt & trousers fabric 001.JPG
How has your day been?

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Oy, what a day! Showed up to work, and the computers were slow but working, then after an hour the entire system went down for two and a half hours. This may show my age, but we went analog. We had to take orders with pen and paper, writing down customer's credit card information. Highlight of the day is one of my friends surprised me at work today, and we talked for a few minutes. Then the state governor called a press conference and ordered the mandatory shutdown of the state outside of essential facilities that provide groceries, gasoline, or medical supplies. Somehow my hardware store weaseled their way into one of these categories so I get to risk imprisonment to go to work from April 7th! Yay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21