Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Was Your Day?

Interesting that you said that. It gets frustrating when something simple slips your mind, I was trying to remember something trivial. Eventually my wife prompted my memory, she had asked me to put some provision or other on the shopping list. We keep a handy shopping list to record anything that's running low, helps to prevent falling short of essentials.

"Sorry," I apologised, "It slipped my mind," then I added, "why can I remember the names of the kids whom I sat amongst at school when I was just five years old but can't remember that if I don't write toilet tissues on the shopping list I could end up in the proverbial? "Go on then," she replied, "go on what?" I answered. "Name those kids," she said. And I did, all of them, without any hesitation. "Long term memory," explained my missus, "it's always the last to go." Have I just been insulted?
My Mother passed away at 95 could rattle off every number, Social Insurance, her chequing account and savings account numbers, her account number at her brokerage company, ATM password etc........I have a hard time recalling my phone number some days.

Interesting that you said that. It gets frustrating when something simple slips your mind, I was trying to remember something trivial. Eventually my wife prompted my memory, she had asked me to put some provision or other on the shopping list. We keep a handy shopping list to record anything that's running low, helps to prevent falling short of essentials.

"Sorry," I apologised, "It slipped my mind," then I added, "why can I remember the names of the kids whom I sat amongst at school when I was just five years old but can't remember that if I don't write toilet tissues on the shopping list I could end up in the proverbial? "Go on then," she replied, "go on what?" I answered. "Name those kids," she said. And I did, all of them, without any hesitation. "Long term memory," explained my missus, "it's always the last to go." Have I just been insulted?
My Mother passed away at 95 could rattle off every number, Social Insurance, her chequing account and savings account numbers, her account number at her brokerage company, ATM password etc........I have a hard time recalling my phone number some days.

Harp

I'll Lock Up

I'm just a bachelor taking notes. But I am sure your wife did not insult you, she seems convincingly correct.
I can recall events that happened when I was a teenager, but hardly remember this past week's dinner menu.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Quite good, just finished painting walls and ceilings in ground floor of my house, kitchen, living room and hall...:eek:...after taking a shower I now lay on my couch, fart a few new holes into the leather and enjoy an ice cold beer.

Turnip

Excellent!

My doc called me today and offered me a vaccination slot tomorrow, so I’ll take my first Biontech shot tomorrow...:)

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Cruisin' all day. Surf-the-net, drink joe, flirt. Scraping the rust off a long three day weekend.
Bust my ass tomorrow. A ton of paperwork. Adjust, adapt, and make the terrain work to advantage.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
A clerical error at my primary physician's office resulted in a non-appointment scheduled today.
Doctor was out. Resolve Monday. o_O

Tiki Tom

Spent all day in Home Depot. Big remodel job in progress. I have to say: Home Depot’s customer service was phenomenal. Great job. My wife and I were just discussing that we must write an e-mail to the store manager saying how top-notch their staff was. We walked in, not knowing what we were doing, and they quickly had an account manager organizing it for us. As I said: phenomenal. Thumbs up.

LostInTyme

A-List Customer
Today, Vija received an email from our next door neighbor. "A tree branch has fallen on your property and it is laying across the street and blocking the road."

So I loaded up the car and proceeded to venture down. The "branch" turned out to be about half a tree. 40' long and 8" in diameter. I started out with lopper and cut off all the spindly branches and twiggy stuff.
When that was done, I started on the main trunk. After about half a dozen cuts, I managed to get the chain and bar wedged in the log, popping the chain off. When I tried to put it back on, I could see that the chain was ruined. I had purchased an extra for this exact situation. Popped the new chain on and finished cutting up the remainder of the fallen lumber.

So now the debris is piled on the center island awaiting pick up by the township services. One small mishap, Vija got a cut finger doing something very stupid, and, it will go unsaid as to what.

Tiki Tom

All hell erupted at the office but it is standard operating federal procedure as usual.
Love my work and colleagues.:)

In the end, the bureaucracy just wore me down. In the old days, I’d walk over to someone’s office and sort it out face-to-face. Working from home, that was not really an option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko