Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hunter S. Thompson Patchwork Jacket

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Love it or hate it... it is what it is. This is the second of these we've made, just didn't get a chance to photograph the first one:

extra-image-848.jpg

Enjoy! :D

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Fiver64

Practically Family
Gotta side with Papa..........

Excellent workmanship, and certainly unusual, but where would you ever wear this?????? Reminds me of the "Partridge Family" bus! :eek:

Fiver64

Practically Family
I neeeeeeeed more!

Indy Magnoli said:
Ha! Yeah, it goes with everything! ;)

Kind regards,
Indy

Well, yes, I'll give you that Indy!!! Just out of curiousity........... are jackets like this ordered for regular, everyday wear, or do the buyers have a specific purpose? I mean, I could see a flashy car salesman, eccentric media personality or someone truly attempting to draw attention to themselves, but having a hard time coming up with much more for the average Joe!

Can you enlighten my weary mind???? :)

Speedbird

A-List Customer
patchwork loveliness!

I love it ... and would buy it and wear it if it could be 'aged' from purchase - faded, stonewashed, whatever the term is.... but then I live in London where this is barely eccentric!

Edward

Bartender
Speedbird said:
I love it ... and would buy it and wear it if it could be 'aged' from purchase - faded, stonewashed, whatever the term is.... but then I live in London where this is barely eccentric!

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.... ;)

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
I'll own up

Alright, it's my jacket. I asked Indy to make this jacket because I am a big fan of Hunter Thompson and to be completely honest, a bigger fan of the original jacket.
I wanted to wait for the jacket to arrive before I posted on the board so I could see how it turned out. Indy sent a few pics of the jacket when it was done, but I really wanted to try it on and get an up close look at it before I commented.
Now that the jacket is here, I am truly impressed by Magnoli Clothiers work. This was my first order with Magnoli and honestly, I wasn't sure what to expect.
I certainly will not have a problem ordering from Indy or recommend him.
FYI: Yes, I certainly will be wearing this out and about. In my town (Asheville, NC.) If you aren't weird, you stick out.

Fiver64

Practically Family
confessions...........

Takes a real man to step up to the plate and take a jacket like that for the team! :eusa_clap Indy's work is very good..... I had an Open Road from MC. I'm sure there are folks out there who look at such a display of "colorful individuality" more reasonable than others who wear painted A-2s with naked chicks and swastika tallies! Not me................... but others! :D

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
HDRnR said:
To quote Ian Faith " It looks like an Austrailian's nightmare".

I thought Hunter was the American nightmare... ;) It actually reminds me of the costume worn by Colin Baker as the 6th Doctor Who.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner