Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I had to pick one girl from the golden era

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Linda Darnell.

Close%2B%20Darnell,%20.jpg

Linda. :love:

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Both but I am really partial to Jean Harlow

Who isn't? I think she was so cute toward the end of her life, when she changed her hair colour and adopted a more demure style. Knowing, too, that she was more comfortable in this look because it better reflected her personality, you can see how much more she shines.

143080.jpg

Taz-man

Familiar Face
I wish the actresses nowadays would be as classy as she was. I am trying to base a character in my novel on her physically.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Veronica Lake...yeah it's the hair, but then it's the entire package.
She's petite, shapely, and has a sultry sizzle to her.
Hard to explain other than that.
Plus her quote "I wasn't a sex symbol, I was a sex zombie" just furthers an interest in her. :D

Steven180

One of the Regulars
Completely crushed between Rita Hayworth and Ingrid Bergman.

Runners up include Barbara Stanwyck, Katherine Hepburn, Lauren Bacall, and Maureen O'Hara.

M.

davidraphael

Practically Family
For me it's always the dark beauties, rather than the sweet and beautiful Ingrid Bergman or Grace Kelly types (though that shot when the latter leans down to kiss Stewart in Rear Window makes ones' heart race!)

Here are my gals (can't pick one!):
Lamarr,%20Hedy_01.jpg

Annex%20-%20Baker,%20Josephine_01.jpg

Annex%20-%20Bacall,%20Lauren_01.jpg

Annex%20-%20Brooks,%20Louise_10.jpg

davidraphael

Practically Family
Veronica Lake is so popular in this thread! Is it because of her hair, or the fact that she's so darn sultry?

It's probably a mix of the two...but what really makes it for me is that she lends an intelligent cynicism to her roles, much like Bacall did. I like a woman who is smart, impertinent (in a good way) and doesn't take any crap.

Lake,%20Veronica_03.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Bacall has been off my pretty list ever since I witnessed her throw a full blown hissy fit in the lobby of the Beverly Wilshire Hotel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner