Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you could only have one hat...

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I would have a crossover in the style of a campdraft or stratoliner but i would get it custom made because i wouldnt want to ruin a vintage by wearing it constantly

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
I'd want a cross between the Open Road I got a week or so ago and the Resistol I picked up last week. I like the crown and brim of the Open Road and the color of the Resistol. Seems to match just about anything I wear.

ingineer

One Too Many
Paul; Buy yourself a inexpensive Akubra for a first hat, Campdraft for the crossover style or a stylemaster for the fedora style.
Do your research rather than open ended questions

Only one hat??? That's just crazy talk! :D

But in response to your question, I'd try to find a balance between form, function, and something that looks at least half-way decent on my head. Sun protection is an important factor for me so I'd want a hat with a somewhat wide brim, but not too wide; Joao is a master of the wide-brimmed hat and he wears them very well, but if I wore one of his hats I'd look like a beach umbrella. So, all things considered, I'd probably choose an Akubra Campdraft.

ingineer

One Too Many
I don't think he was asking us to help him pick out his one hat, I think he just thought it would be a fun question
Strikes me as someone who doesn't have a lid and can't ask a pertinent question.
Just trolling with the usual stuff
.45 vs. 9mm (or whatever)
Glock vs 1911 (or whatever)
AK-47 vs. AR-15
SEC vs. Other Football Conference
Coke vs. Pepsi
Ford vs. Chevy
Beans vs. No Beans in Chili
Manhattan vs. New England Clam Chowder

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Strikes me as someone who doesn't have a lid and can't ask a pertinent question.
Just trolling with the usual stuff
.45 vs. 9mm (or whatever)
Glock vs 1911 (or whatever)
AK-47 vs. AR-15
SEC vs. Other Football Conference
Coke vs. Pepsi
Ford vs. Chevy
Beans vs. No Beans in Chili
Manhattan vs. New England Clam Chowder
Hahahahahaha

Forum statistics

Threads