Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In Praise of Panama Bob

Jfala

Familiar Face
Many here have extolled the virtues of Panama Bob not only for his hats but also his genuine care and thoughtfulness with his customers. My recent experience with Robert is another example of his gentlemanliness.

I ordered a hat in March fully expecting it to take the 6-8 weeks I was told it would. At around week 4 Robert sent out an email stating that there had been delays due to weather in Ecuador, for me not a problem. However, Robert wanted to make sure that his customers were taken care of and received the hats that were ordered. So instead of continuing to wait for my hat to be completed Robert sent me a hat that he was going to wear himself, and had it blocked in the US to speed up the process.

My point is simple, Panama Bob has some of the best customer service ideals anywhere. He truly cares about his customer's happiness and wants to ensure that they love their hat.

If you haven't purchased from him or spoken to him about his hats then you owe it to yourself to do so IMHO.

Thank you Robert.

-Jeff

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I ordered 2 hats from him last year. One for Deelovely and a Montecristi for me. Hers came quickly but me being cursed with the pumpkinhead syndrome (Floungism) mine took longer. Despite having to answer my annoying emails and to avoid a long delay he sent me a hat that is better than the one I ordered. Don't ask how its better cos I can't tell you much about panama hats, I ordered the cheapest Montecristi. Due to not only having a pumpkinhead but also an extra long oval it is with Art right now.:D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot