Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ipad and vintage typewriter working together

LizzieMaine

Bartender
koopkooper said:
I'm not sure why you would want to do this...either you like vintage typewriter or you like computers, but according to this article you can both!

http://technabob.com/blog/2010/06/13/usb-typewriters-retro-keyboards/

What's he mean by "five words a minute" on a typewriter -- hmph. Obviously he never took fifth-period Advanced Typing with Mrs. Tupper in the eieventh grade. I still have my certificate for breaking 60 words per minute, and that was on a Royal manual.

Dewhurst

Practically Family
People seem to actually go for stuff like this sometimes. Probably not in droves, but some people.

There is a Windows application that mimics an old typewriter as well. Complete with visuals, sounds of the keys click-clacking and all.

I suppose it could be fun for an afternoon.

My computers keyboard already makes pleasing chiclet key tip-taps that soothe me. The good old chunk-chunk of a typewriter seems like a steam locomotive compared with our space age tech.

There is nothing quite like a room full of people typing on a computer keyboard or on typewriters though. I love the sound of both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy