Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is anyone else on livejournal?

Midgetqueen

New in Town
I'm on LJ! I don't post on there very often at all anymore, but I'm on there at the_midgetqueen.livejournal.com

Also, my Blogspot blog (which I do still update regularly) is syndicated at midgetqueenfeed.livejournal.com.

Mojito

One Too Many
I'm on LJ...I put up a blithering "look what I got!" post about once a week or so. All 20s stuff. It's cute, though - some of what I put up are family anecdotes and photos from the 20s, and my sister (who was never much into family history) loves to read them. She not only gets photos of my latest adventures (living in Singapore she only hears about them over the phone), she's learning more about our family. Given that the scope is very narrow and largely limited to friends and I don't get that many comments, I'm surprised at how many RL people in my circle know about it. I'm always getting "Oh, I saw photos of last weekend on your blog! X gave me the address, and I drop in often to check it out!".

There are some must-read blogs out there - I love Lauren's, for example. She has a great following for her wedding gown trials and tribulations! It's much more informative than any mere drama as it's so informative beyond mere entertainment, but it has a warm, human element to the narrative of what's going on with her life and artistic creations. Likewise other FL LJers like Last_Chael - even if I don't post comments, I read their observations on costume and textile avidly. Often erudite, but also with that human narrative thread running through the posts. And then there are the 20s/30s gals like Avalon - what a sense of irreverence and love of the era! And of course the inimitable Amy_Jeanne - the ultimate in a 20s/30s fix. I get a huge grin on my face whenever she sets up a new post of images - they're inevitably gold, and usually linked by sometimes tart, sometimes poignant, but always apt comments. The girl knows her stuff!

Now I'm off to add some of the girls I didn't know blogged there...

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Mojito said:
And of course the inimitable Amy_Jeanne - the ultimate in a 20s/30s fix. I get a huge grin on my face whenever she sets up a new post of images - they're inevitably gold, and usually linked by sometimes tart, sometimes poignant, but always apt comments. The girl knows her stuff!

Well, aren't you sweet! Thanks, mojito. Psst -- You're one my my favourite Internet Friends. I admire your look so much!

As for my LJ, I love my 10s/20s/30s/very early 40s glam and my LJ is pretty much ONLY that -- photos I've collected over the years from various sources on the 'net. I usually like to try to add something entertaining that happened in my life, a little bit of "look what I got!" (usually Photoplays!), sometimes I scan my Photoplays, and I try to keep my LJ fun in the whole process. I try to stay away from mundane stuff and I absolutely don't want to come off as a pretentious "vintage snob", hence the humorous comments accompanying some of my photos.

When I started the LJ back in 2003 I said to myself What would *I* like to see if I were browsing blogs and happened on one randomly? That's how it was born!

Add me, look, or comment. But if you add me, make sure you comment or I'll probably never notice that you added me!

Link is in my signature!

positivelypinup

One of the Regulars
my name on livejournal is positivelypinup, but all of mine are friends only.

and i too love amy_jeanns page, if i had the patience to post all those pictures i would.

I'm on LJ but alas, never have anything particularly interesting to say so stop by at your own peril lol I do enjoy the 'writers block' bit though. That's how lazy I am. I frequent myspace. I tend to forget about Live Journal.

My username is xdollydaydreamx on lj. COme say hi. I only have about 2 friends *sniff sniff*

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
dollydaydream said:
I'm on LJ but alas, never have anything particularly interesting to say so stop by at your own peril lol I do enjoy the 'writers block' bit though. That's how lazy I am. I frequent myspace. I tend to forget about Live Journal.

My username is xdollydaydreamx on lj. COme say hi. I only have about 2 friends *sniff sniff*

I added you Dolly! And I see you have my other love on there as well.. (pink)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo