Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is the Lounge getting a bit.... slooooooow?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Well, on our help desk we always say "There are no stupid questions, only stupid users." ;)
But seriously folks, my theory is that all computer problems are caused by magic gremlins from outer space. And I can prove it.

S

Samsa

PrettySquareGal said:
I have a serious issue. I keep eating junk food and receive no error messages in the process. No timeouts, nothing. Awful.

Re: junk food, I find that error messages tend to come several months after the fact, usually in the morning hours when I am staring down at the scale and not wanting to believe what it tells me.

vonwotan

Practically Family
lol :eusa_clap Quite so Pretty Square Gal

Now that is a problem I have been having recently. After years of obsessive exercise and a fairly good diet work is taking its toll. I've resorted to the vending machines and local hot dog stand several times over the last few months with no error messages. Not even odd looks from co-workers...

PrettySquareGal said:
I have a serious issue. I keep eating junk food and receive no error messages in the process. No timeouts, nothing. Awful.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Samsa said:
Re: junk food, I find that error messages tend to come several months after the fact, usually in the morning hours when I am staring down at the scale and not wanting to believe what it tells me.

I have the same delayed messaging system thingy going on! So annoying!

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
vonwotan said:
lol :eusa_clap Quite so Pretty Square Gal

Now that is a problem I have been having recently. After years of obsessive exercise and a fairly good diet work is taking its toll. I've resorted to the vending machines and local hot dog stand several times over the last few months with no error messages. Not even odd looks from co-workers...

You'd think your co-workers would get that they are supposed to look at you with hints of disapproval! Altruism, where is it when you need it?

vonwotan

Practically Family
Perhaps only when the buttons on my waistcoat/jacket are straining against my belly? I've recently celebrated my fourtieth birthday and, for the first time in my life, I may have to have two pair of pants let out...

PrettySquareGal said:
You'd think your co-workers would get that they are supposed to look at you with hints of disapproval! Altruism, where is it when you need it?

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
vonwotan said:
Perhaps only when the buttons on my waistcoat/jacket are straining against my belly? I've recently celebrated my fourtieth birthday and, for the first time in my life, I may have to have two pair of pants let out...

THAT'S IT! It's the turning 40 virus! I am two months away from 40 and caught it early!

Samsa has no excuse. ;)

vonwotan

Practically Family
There really does seem to be a switch that's shut off at 40, doesn't there?

Most of my life, especially while racing, I struggled to gain weight. Now, within the past several months, it no longer seems to be a challenge!

PrettySquareGal said:
THAT'S IT! It's the turning 40 virus! I am two months away from 40 and caught it early!

Samsa has no excuse. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24