Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this what we, as a society have come to?

Cobden

Practically Family
Sounds like this Kardashian whatname is the US equivalent of Katie Price. I thought we were alone in having something so miserable

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I'm not advocating breaking stated rules, IE: ignoring the "No cell phones" sign in a courthouse. In this case, as far as I can tell, the ceremony is in a park of some sort. It's true that many people believe marriage is all the stuff you talked about, but it's also true that not as many people believe that as used to. If these people don't, well, it's their afterlives. Most places that disallow cell phones declare so openly, like courthouses, movie theaters, hospitals, and top secret military installations. Once churches do too, then the whole nature of the argument changes, and I'd side with you. Following house rules is important. Doing things just because everybody else does isn't. It's the flip-side of the coin for the old phrase, "If everyone else jumped off a cliff, would you?". The solution to this problem is as simple as a sign saying, "No cell phones allowed." Walmart carries them.

The idea that a cell-phone band would only be applicable to weddings that occur within the house of worship/ courthouse is a little odd to me- plenty of "religious" weddings occur outside houses of worship. (By a religious wedding I am refering to one which is conducted by a official of a religious body, not a goverment official.) If a couple discusses an idea with the religious leader or even a official, and the person says it's not respectful/ appropriate for the ceremony, it shouldn't be done by the couple OR the couple should seek to be married elsewhere. I'm sure plenty of people will be eager to take the couple's money.

I have been to weddings where the religious leader has asked for no cell phones to be used at the beginning of the ceremony. Sure enough, people were still using them, and not just to take pictures. That is rude.

More than Melissa Bardizbanian?

Man, I'm such a cultural illiterate. :eusa_doh:
first time I'd ever heard of her as either Melissa or Christy

(Christy Canyon aka Melissa Bardizbanian)
christy-canyon-927264l.jpg

Had a devil of a time finding an image of her that was PG-rated.

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Man, I'm such a cultural illiterate. :eusa_doh:
first time I'd ever heard of her as either Melissa or Christy.
Just to be clear, I searched a list of notable Armenian Americans. Though I've heard of the actress, I had no idea that she was Armenian.

I had actually considered offering up as more despicable, Robert Kardashian, the girls deceased father, who spirited away O.J. Simpson's bloody murder clothes and weapon. And then reactivated his long dormant law license so that as one of OJ's legal team he could not be called to testify about what was in the bag, which was never seen again.

robert+kardashian.jpg

davidraphael

Practically Family
A story I just heard today:

I find the UK quite aggressive on many levels and this story says it all:

North West England a few nights ago. A 79 yr old guy refused to give some kids 'treats' while they were supposedly 'trick or treating'...

...So, after throwing eggs at the guy and his house, they broke his leg with a concrete block...

The kids were 12 yrs old.

Having lived in several countries I can say that the kind of 'yobo' aggression I grew up with living in Manchester doesn't exist to that extent in other places.

Just to be clear, I searched a list of notable Armenian Americans. Though I've heard of the actress [Christy Canyon], I had no idea that she was Armenian.

Interesting list of Armenian-Americans. One on the list that surprised me is a name well-known to many here at the Lounge -- Dita Von Teese (aka Heather Renée Sweet). I also didn't know she grew up here in Orange County.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav