Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's that time of year !

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
This is the LAST weeekend you can wear those felts :) After next Tuesday, get those Straws out and put those felts to rest in their boxes :) For us here in Texas, it's been Straw season for about all of April and May. Got to 96 here in the Metroplex ( up in the 100's in west Texas) so I wore one of my semi-colado Monticristi today.

Semi-CaladoMontecristi1.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Here in Oregon, we're enjoying an Alaskan cold air mass pushing down into the area. If it were all about hats, and not, say, gardens, I'd be SO happy!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Today was the first day of the year for my nifty PanamBob Montecristi. Only problem is that it's light as a feather so it's very susceptible to sudden gusts. But I'm not complaining. :)

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I've been wearing felt most of the summer the past couple of years, with the Boater thrown in once in a while. But, I've finally gotten around to cleaning, reblocking, and all around renovating my almost-7-inch crown PanamaBob Montecristi (a victim of the ill-fated COW/Indy experiment from years ago). I think, with a deep diamond crease and 2-inch ribbon, it should be good to wear. Also finishing up a powder blue felt, 'cause I can't give up my felt!

Brad

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I'll still wear my felt hats this summer, but I've got to get myself a new straw hat to replace my first one from two years ago, which is pretty much ruined after getting wet and misshapen. Now it's only a really casual yard work hat.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
I has gotten hot here too. I switched out the felts and brought up all the straws and also I like canvas slouch/safari hats in the summer. You can dunk them in the water and wear them. I spend the month of July on Long Island Sound to those big brims come in handy.

Jeff

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Well yesterday it went from 85 Thursday to 58. Don't you just love the Springtime. So I ran up stairs and got out my Disney featherweight Sportster. Wore it to work this morning. Light as a feather. Its a dark Army green with a brown rust brim binding and ribbon with a pug detail instead of a bow. Great hat and I was glad could pull it out yesterday.:)
web.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles