Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Simons

Creeping Past

One Too Many
I've just returned from a lunchtime walk round Covent Garden. I dropped into J Simons. London loungers will probably already know about it, but it's new to me.

It's crammed full of a mixture of US workwear, including Prison Blues jeans and hickory stripe zip-front shirts, and British classics, including tweed jackets and suits, overcoats, etc. Some leather jackets, too, plus some non-seasonal items, such as cotton drill jackets (Woolrich and other brands). Also, loads of good shoes and boots. There are many one-offs, which is good practice for a smaller shop. Keep the punters on their toes...

Prices are what you'd expect for central London, unfortunately, but not so far from what I'd expect to pay for similar stuff.

I was most impressed by the couple of items of Shetland knitwear, the price of which compared favourably to online purchases.

The chap in there was helpful, interesting and interested. I'll be going back to buy some stuff on pay day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80