Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leather custom Jacket #1

carl1000

New in Town
Yes - I'm a long time lurker. Time to post :) - I have another jacket they just shipped me 2 weeks ago. I will get pics of that up tomorrow.

Here is a Custom Jacket in Cowhide I had made 2 years ago by Johnson Leather. I saw an old WWII German Luftwaffe style jacket I LOVED but it was tiny. I had Alan make a copy of it size 46. Killed it. I bought the liner and he put it all together. Here are some pics.

IMG_4918.JPG

IMG_4919.JPG

IMG_4920.JPG

IMG_4922.JPG

IMG_4923.JPG

IMG_4924.JPG

IMG_4925.JPG

IMG_4926.JPG

IMG_4928.JPG

Novos

One of the Regulars
Amazing! I have a jacket I want a replica of, too, and they look like they might be the place to go to. Can you enlighten me on the price of a custom job?

nevadapd

Familiar Face
I think that's just about the nicest Luftwaffe jacket I've ever seen. Kudos to Johnson Leather and congrats to you on scoring a superb jacket!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
That's nice. The leather looks like the one they used for my half-belt. What is it - 3oz cow? The lining is great what kind of cotton is it?

Edward

Bartender
That Tattersall lining is gorgeous. The jacket itself is interesting; the elasticated back detail is something I don't think I've seen replicated before.

carl1000

New in Town
Yea, it turned out nice. I think it is 3oz hide...or more. I have the original pic of the jacket it was modeled after somewhere. I will try to find it. I didn't own the jacket. The lining I got from a fabric shop here in Nashville. They have a ton of stuff to choose from. Back then, they did this jacket for $700.00. Their price are still around there.

simonc

Practically Family
Yes they had the best uniforms. That's lovely, I also like how high the zipper starts which means you can sit or lunge with it done up without bursting the zip. Very nice colour too.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, but the Aero is really different - it has a cardboard rectangle affixed to the front. I don't think that's period accurate.

Novos

One of the Regulars
Yea, it turned out nice. I think it is 3oz hide...or more. I have the original pic of the jacket it was modeled after somewhere. I will try to find it. I didn't own the jacket. The lining I got from a fabric shop here in Nashville. They have a ton of stuff to choose from. Back then, they did this jacket for $700.00. Their price are still around there.

Thanks for the response! So you just had some pics and they were able to go from there?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy