Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lapel pins and buttons

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
since i am a Mason, i have and wear several Masonic lapel pins. One was given to me by my father and the others by other Brothers and a couple of the Grand Masters of Missouri.

Remember that Harry Truman was a Mason (Grand Master.too) and a great hat wearer, even though he went broke selling them.

mark the shoeshine boy

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
I want to get one of the Hitler Youth pins as seen on the bottom left to go with my German WWII civilian impression I am building as a counterpart to my German WWII military impression.

ord%20%20HJ%20pins.jpg

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
I have a few lapel/tie pins- mostly '30s Automotive and Auto Workers Union ones. I wear them (one at a time, of course) with my vintage Ford Dealership mechanic's shirt (loads of vintage Ford patches on a blue vintage uniform shirt)and a Vintage jacket with a "Ford Test Track" patch on the back(all '30s stuff) Along with vintage Levis... and a hat of course.

I like to think (people always say something complementary)that I look like someone interesting and important at HotRod shows- compared to the guys wearing boring Rockabilly gear that is... and I don't even own a car at present.

No photos- camera is on holiday-

Oh! here's one of my Union Buttons:
DSCN0703.jpg

B
T

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
The German uniforms,.......

Baron Kurtz said:
Is there anything those chaps didn't know how to design better than everyone else? Sweet pins!

bk

.....and insignia were mostly very nicely designed . Hitler may have been an insane misanthrope, (to say the least) but he did know the value of a sharp looking uniform and the effect it had on the soldiers that wore it. In fact he placed special emphasis on this factor. If your army has a uniform that looks sharp, then they will carry themselves with pride. If you dress them like a bunch of dorks or losers,then of course they will most likely lose.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I've been talking to Western Costume about lapel pins we can use for Lounge events, though what I am looking for is hard to find.

The one like on the bottom left, look for those is you hit your local garment district. I looked in LA and I can't find it.

Push throgh and fold.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Matt, so this Western Costume place can make a custom pin for the Fedora Lounge just like those German swingstyle pins?

I looked into making my own swingstyle pin per their instructions on the website but the people at Hobby Lobby looked at me as if I was crazy when I tried to find the materials needed.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Vladimir Berkov said:
I want to get one of the Hitler Youth pins as seen on the bottom left to go with my German WWII civilian impression I am building as a counterpart to my German WWII military impression.

Vlad, i'm interested...where exactly will you wear this civilian outfit complete with hitler youth pin ?

Colonel

One of the Regulars
Vladimir Berkov said:

ord%20%20HJ%20pins.jpg
Vlad,
What are each of these for? I assume one is for skiing, and one is for marksmanship. I recognize the rune used in some of the others, but am curious.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
herringbonekid said:
Vlad, i'm interested...where exactly will you wear this civilian outfit complete with hitler youth pin ?

I have been to a couple battles which were set very late war (one was the Battle of Berlin) in which there were civilians and Volksturm troops in addition to the regular military. Plus. I think it is just sort of cool to have. I think it is interesting to have a "history" for myself before I would have joined the military, how I would have dressed and looked in civilian life in Germany before the war.

As to what those pins are exactly, I am not really knowledgeable about them but the site I found them on lists what a few of them are:

http://www.soldat.com/soldat_hitler_youth_awards.htm

Flying Scotsman

One of the Regulars
Lots of places

I had a list of places that will do custom lapel pins, I'll see if I can dig it up. They're not very expensive, individually...2 or 3 bucks, if I recall...but you have to order something like 200 as a minimum.

You can send them the design as an image file and they can work with that to make enamel, cloissone, laquer-covered, whatever.

I'll look around tonight for the info I had when I was checking into having some made (a search for "custom lapel pins" will probably turn up dozens of companies).

Flying Scotsman

One of the Regulars
Try these guys

www.pinsource.com

Enamel pins are 2.25/200 up to 3.10/200, and less for ordering more, plus other styles available (die struck, etched, cast, etc.), and a ton of other doodads (keyrings, etc.).

I'm sure there are others. Our Public Outreach office has these suckers made for *everything*, so they can't be that expensive :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou