Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lessons From Milady

BettieBombshellBeauty

New in Town
First off, Hi all- i'm Natalie-M. Long time stalker of the Fedora Lounge, and i've just joined. I'm 21, makeup artist with a new bridal, vintage, and alternative makeup and skincare business.

Anyways, into aside, i recently came across a beauty book online, Manual on Theory and Practice of Beauty Culture. I googled it, and a few entires about it popped up from The Bobby Pin Blog, a vintage hair and beauty blog that I have been recently following.

The owner of the blog is Lauren Rennells, the lovely lady who worte the book, Vintage Hairstyling
Vintage+Hairstyling.+Retro+Styles+with+StepbyStep+Techniques.jpg

and she has written a few things from the Manual on Therory... book.

Before I posted any treatments from the book in regards to skin care or hair care, would anybody here be interested in this?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Milady is a cosmetology school textbook. Be sure to check the copyright date before posting them, as Milady is still in print. I used it when I was in cosmetology school and I'm sure it's still being used today.

sidramalik100

New in Town
well i have Read the book Vintage of Lauren Rennells she is nice author and i really like her books especially the tips of how to make best Face and all other beauty tips are wonderful and i am also adopting her Techniques of Beauty and i hope i will get the beauty . but thanks to share some best Fashion in this thread . thanks for it

BettieBombshellBeauty

New in Town
i completely forgot about this thread.

anyways, i checked out the copywrite, and since that book is no longer being produced at its from 1939, i can post info, so long as i give credit.

so if anybody is interested in information from that book, let me know!

BettieBombshellBeauty

New in Town
What exactly does the book offer?

The book offers how-to's for if you were going to be taking the Chicago Cosmetology Standard Exam. Quite specific, I'm sure. The books clearly outlines what should be done for the effective care of skin conditions, how to properly clean skin by the 1939 standards, what type of makeup should be used for different skin types (which i find still holds true for today, but these ways seem to have been abandoned), as well as beauty treatments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy