Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's See Your Watches! The Vintage Watch Thread.

Speedster

Practically Family
BellyTank said:
I didn't know Allerede was in Skåne...!

Could be Malmø too- København's most -Swedish suburb.

B
T

Never been to Allerede, and never heard of it either;) . But don't forget that a few hundred years ago Skåne (together with Halland and Blekinge (and Norway for that matter)) were belonging to Denmark. Skåne, Halland and Blekinge became Swedish about 350 years ago and Norway became independant roughly 200 years ago.

The dialect the speak in Skåne is very closely related to the old Sjællandske dialect which is still spoken here and there on Sjælland.

Just a little :eek:fftopic: info

An old saying

:eek:fftopic: Danes Live to eat, not eat to live. (Man those people like to party!)

You can always tell a Norwegian, you just can't tell him much.

Regular Version:

Ten thousand Swedes were runing theu the weeds chasing one Norwegian!

the Norwegian Version:

Ten thousand Swedes were running thru the weeds CHASED BY one Norwegian!

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My main four....

581a9ae1.jpg

My Dad's old 1960 Waltham - Everyday wear

My Michel Herbelin - dress up

My 'mock' Luftwaffe watch by Philip Stein

My repro WWII USAAF "hack" watch by Benrus

-dixon cannon

P.S. Confucius say; "Man who has too many watches never know what time it is."

Jay

Practically Family
Dixon Cannon said:
My repro WWII USAAF "hack" watch by Benrus

P.S. Confucius say; "Man who has too many watches never know what time it is."

Benrus makes a repro Hack watch?

Jay

Practically Family
Oh yeah. In my research I've found that James Dean favored a black-faced wrist watch. Does anyone know the type he wore?

Dixon Cannon

Sure dang do!...

Jay said:
Benrus makes a repro Hack watch?

I got mine through the Hammacher-Schlemmer catalog #63488J $129.95 1-800-543-3366 complete with nice canvas pouch and a presentation box. It's the exact reproduction of the 'General Purpose' MIL-W-46374 re-issued by Benrus the original maker.

Go get 'em!!

-dixon cannon

Dixon Cannon

Dalexs...never mind the watch...

Dalexs said:
Usually some model of Timex...
(he says after discovering the hard way that his former Timex dive watch was no longer water proof... :rolleyes: )

Where'd you get that avatar hat????...that is one huge beauty !!! A fedora the way God intended!!! :eusa_clap

-dixon cannon

McPeppers

One of the Regulars
Dont throttle me for this but I have a modern pocketwatch silver case with a gold "Command Officer" insignia from Star Trek The Original series, and the face of the watch is a gold raised Enterprise on a gold background with etched stars.

I wanted a little of my favorite time periods in one little stylish case. hehe

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Does anyone have any experience with the Seiko self-winding automatic watches? Or notes on quality in Seikos in general?

I plan to get a first "grownup watch" this year. I have a pocket-watch pendant on a chain from my grandmother but it doesn't work, and I lost my last wristwatch when I moved a couple years ago, and even if I find it now... it has a kitty on the face and a mouse for a second-hand.lol

Blackgrass

One of the Regulars
Not a Golden Era piece but still sort of neat.
A 1988 Precista Royal Navy issued dive watch. It is believed to be less than 10 or so of these watches out there that survived and are in collectors hands from the 1988 issue. This one is the lowest recorded serial number of the range.

Precista3.jpg

Blackgrass

One of the Regulars
Seikos are generally highly regarded. I really like the seiko divers and would love to have an old 6105 (the watch Martin Sheen wore in A.N.)

Viola said:
Does anyone have any experience with the Seiko self-winding automatic watches? Or notes on quality in Seikos in general?

I plan to get a first "grownup watch" this year. I have a pocket-watch pendant on a chain from my grandmother but it doesn't work, and I lost my last wristwatch when I moved a couple years ago, and even if I find it now... it has a kitty on the face and a mouse for a second-hand.lol

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Starship ALert

McPeppers,

You have been found guilty of wearing a starship watch here @ the FL & will be sentenced to wearing a "RED" star trek shirt next time you beam down to a planet

SC lol

Bones to Capt. Kirk "its Mcpepper he's dead Jim" lol lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff