Lina's leather line-up

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by lina, May 14, 2020.

1. lina

lina Practically Family

This forum has been a bad influence on me! As much as I've tried to avoid acquiring a "collection" of leather jackets, I realize that's just what I've done, albeit on a relatively small scale. At least, enough for a line-up... All these have been posted before, but here they are in one place, for no reason other than I've got far too much time sitting in front of the computer these days. A few are definitely long-term keepers, but at least one or two will probably be moved along at some point.

First off, my Dave Sheeley custom. Definitely a keeper:

sheeley lineaup.JPG

My Buco PJ-27, also a keeper, my cold weather riding jacket:

buco lineup.jpg

Kehoe cafe racer jacket, modified by previous owner, very cool:

kehoe lineup.jpg

The recently acquired HD Sporster racing shirt, simple yet bad*ss:

HD sportster lineup.jpg

Brooks classic cafe racer, a great jacket but currently listed in the classifieds:

brooks lineup.jpg

Beau Breed cafe racer, cheap and well-thrashed, the riding jacket I wear the most:

beau breed lineup.JPG

2. jonesy86

jonesy86 I'll Lock Up

Nice line up.

lina likes this.
  3. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

Very nice! I like that line up, simple, straightforward and functional. :)

lina likes this.
  4. Monitor

Monitor

That Kehoe reigns. But yeah, got the same problem here, I keep saying myself just gonna get a few jackets I really like, essentials really and before I know it, word that best describes the situation in my wardrobe is a "collection"...

torfjord, handymike, jonesy86 and 2 others like this.
  5. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Your Dave Sheeley is my personal favorite but I also like your Cafe Racer collection a lot!

lina likes this.
  6. Grayland

Grayland One Too Many

Haven't seen that Dave Sheeley design before. I really like it.

lina likes this.
  7. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

Great line up, i can see why you got particularly interested in cafe racer name origin. :)

lina likes this.
  8. ton312

ton312

Fantastic and varied collection. I think we can all agree on the sentiment expressed here:
    4060D6BF-BD62-4190-BE16-96B76C4073BA.jpeg
    all kidding aside, that’s a very good collection. All occasion met.

navetsea, Captain Sensible and lina like this.
  9. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck My Mail is Forwarded Here

Nice line up. The Buco and Sheeley are my favorites.

lina likes this.
  10. technovox

technovox One Too Many

I've given up fighting the urge to buy yet another jacket...life is short after all. Definitely the Sheeley stands out above the rest!

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    jonesy86, lina and Benny Holiday like this.
  11. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

That is a nice lineup! The Sheeley is by far my favourite of the bunch. There’s just something about cafe racers that don’t do it for me. They look good on others, but I never see them and feel an urge to get one for myself. Tried a Brooks for a short while, really nice jacket and a great fit, gave it away to my father after only a couple of weeks.

Something quite similar has happened to me, I’ve spent waaaaay more on jackets than I planned to do when joining TFL. I wanted to emulate A-1. One jacket, worn hard and plenty of patina/karakter to the admiration of the forum. Today I don’t even know how many jackets are in my closet and I’m afraid to look.

El Marro, lina and Robbie79 like this.
  12. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

I think my favorite is the Brooks, just effortless and a good fit. The Sheeley is very nice too, but a much bigger statement.

lina likes this.
  13. lina

lina Practically Family

It's funny, I don't really think of myself as a cafe racer guy, all evidence above to the contrary. Never gave them much of a second look until coming to this board I think. That Beau Breed hooked me as an easy riding jacket, then once I saw the Kehoe, that pulled me further in. But it's funny how much our tastes can be shaped and reshaped depending on who you're seeing and what you're hearing about.

handymike, El Marro and navetsea like this.
  14. Boyo

Boyo Call Me a Cab

Real nice vintage collection...The Buco P-J27, the patched Kehoe and the HD 1 pocket.. in that order for me..

ton312 and lina like this.
  15. patrick_b

patrick_b One of the Regulars

Very nice lineup. Like you, I had no intention of buying a rotation of jackets but here we are. I would like to add something vintage into the mix. You have some great examples.

lina likes this.
  16. Blackadder

Blackadder Call Me a Cab

Sworn I would not buy another leather jacket this coming few months but thanks to you and technovox, I have a HD coming my way. .

lina, ton312 and roadking04 like this.
  17. ton312

ton312

The Kehoe and sporty are painfully cool. That kind of genuine character is impossible to duplicate. That Kehoe though. Man that’s just obnoxiously cool. I love that jacket. That’s a one and done CR if ever there was one.

lina likes this.
  18. lina

lina Practically Family

Glad to be of service!

19. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 I'll Lock Up

Nice lineup! now turn around and show the back!:)

You wear the Cafe Racers well, nice selection. The Buco still looks great. I remember the comfortable fit on that jacket. Dave is working on some new designs. Told me he just got the right leather and is going to be working on a test jacket. I'm most excited as I have seen what he wants to make.

lina likes this.